Problem with my model X air suspension

Jeanmarcdupont

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
Its been the second time i have been to the service department that by the way the service of the team in MONTRÉAL is impeccable.

they had to replace the 2 front air suspension and compressor. 2 months ago the front suspension tab top and bottom as well.

i am not satisfied at all of paying the repairs of over $6500.00 on a wear and tear normal use response from dealer that i had put on In the last 3 months on a 2 year old car that costs over $150,000.00.

The guy at the back of the counter was great but i saw in his eyes that something was going wrong.

There is a law in Quebec that says that Parts on any purchase should last a reasonable time that reflect the quality of the item. Thankful for that

My car is always inside the garage and Maintenance was done AND At my surprise when the car that they lent to me that day another X Model and had a little bit over 80,000km showed me the same defect on the dash (i have pictures of this as well). Thats a major problem that 2 model x cars on the same day shows me the same defects as mine and the one lent to me. Mr. Musk Normal wear and tear??????? When i showed the pictures of their model x with the same issue. The guy at the back of the counter couldn’t look me in the eyes. And it always happens when a software update is demanded !!!!!!

Could be a coincidence or not?

In 25 years acquiring new cars, never that i had to put so much money on repairs such as those.

Its unacceptable to have those issues on a 2 year old car even though it has 120,000km. Highway kilometres mostly and sleeping inside come on guys.

am i the only one with these issues with X models

From a really disappointed client

Jean Marc Dupont

20E57C86-78D5-4123-8140-3AD2C6FB8C04.jpeg
0EDE8B87-45B2-403B-8346-2F488034E44E.jpeg
B68AB426-7404-4912-BD03-04648F71EAB3.jpeg

Lozzy

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
you posted this in the wrong section of the forum hopefully the mods can move it. I’m interested in hearing the answer from other Model X owners. I can say from personal experience that every vehicle that either I or someone in my family has had with air suspension has had a problem. Always expensive to fix as well. We’ve had problems on a Ford Expedition, 2 Range Rovers and a Mercedes GLS.

Bigriver

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
Its been the second time i have been to the service department that by the way the service of the team in MONTRÉAL is impeccable.

they had to replace the 2 front air suspension and compressor. 2 months ago the front suspension tab top and bottom as well.

i am not satisfied at all of paying the repairs of over $6500.00 on a wear and tear normal use response from dealer that i had put on In the last 3 months on a 2 year old car that costs over $150,000.00.

The guy at the back of the counter was great but i saw in his eyes that something was going wrong.

There is a law in Quebec that says that Parts on any purchase should last a reasonable time that reflect the quality of the item. Thankful for that

My car is always inside the garage and Maintenance was done AND At my surprise when the car that they lent to me that day another X Model and had a little bit over 80,000km showed me the same defect on the dash (i have pictures of this as well). Thats a major problem that 2 model x cars on the same day shows me the same defects as mine and the one lent to me. Mr. Musk Normal wear and tear??????? When i showed the pictures of their model x with the same issue. The guy at the back of the counter couldn’t look me in the eyes. And it always happens when a software update is demanded !!!!!!

Could be a coincidence or not?

In 25 years acquiring new cars, never that i had to put so much money on repairs such as those.

Its unacceptable to have those issues on a 2 year old car even though it has 120,000km. Highway kilometres mostly and sleeping inside come on guys.

am i the only one with these issues with X models

From a really disappointed client

Jean Marc Dupont

View attachment 30468 View attachment 30469 View attachment 30470
Not sure if I’m fully understanding the scenario... air suspension problem fixed under warranty, and now occurring again when it is slightly out of warranty, that they want you to pay?
We are at 2 years with our 100D and about 48,500 m. No problems here yet. Of interest to me, though, that the replacement cost is $6500. Ouch.

Last edited:

Andy96734

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
Had air compressor replace in May and in the last few weeks symptoms just like the ones that preceded the compressor change out are in motion once again. Service appoint in 10 days, hope it holds on that long. Once compressor goes out you are driving a low rider in a bouncy castle…….

JasonF

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I don't have a Model X, but I would guess you have an air leak somewhere, and the air compressor is only allowed to run for so long trying to fight it until it gives up and throws an error.

Reactions: Andy96734

Andy96734

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
I agree but now magically it fixed itself a few weeks ago Tesla now saying by review of remote diagnostic there must be a fault in the front air suspension control module, awaiting parts to change out just to be sure.

Andy96734

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
I don't have a Model X, but I would guess you have an air leak somewhere, and the air compressor is only allowed to run for so long trying to fight it until it gives up and throws an error.
Jason, you were spot on SC now assessing one of the fron air bags had a leak and that with faulty control module likely overran compressor till it died. Repacing both fronts and control mod, and compressor (as repair part from May under warranty). Hope this fixes and lasts a while. Invoice expected to be about $2500.