Prius driver here

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
I hope that doesn't get me booted off. Have been driving a Prius for almost 20 years but love what I am hearing about the Teslas and thought this would be a good way to find out more before my next car decision, due in the next 12 months. Enjoying the forums but can't figure out why I can't access it via Tapatalk.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welcome to the forum. We will not boot you off for driving a Prius and I hope we can help you with your decision on the next car.

We have disabled Tapatalk for the site. You can read more about it here.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I hope that doesn't get me booted off. Have been driving a Prius for almost 20 years but love what I am hearing about the Teslas and thought this would be a good way to find out more before my next car decision, due in the next 12 months. Enjoying the forums but can't figure out why I can't access it via Tapatalk.
I think it's a GREAT idea to join a forum like this one and use anything you can find online to help yourself make an educated decision down the road. I say WELCOME! I firmly believe that Tesla Owners Online is a great place not just for current owners, but also future (and/or potential) owners, people that are Tesla/EV fans, those that are just curious and those that come with questions.

Also, I do like the choice you previously made of a Prius. I think it's a great stepping stone car from gas to all electric. My sister owns one. :)

Welcome to the forum!

jdcollins5

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I drove a 2010 Prius for 9 years. I knew my next car would be an EV. After looking at Bolt, Leaf and i3Rx, trying to convince myself that I did not need to spend so much, I test drove a Model 3. Game over! Nothing can match the minimal design, handling and instant acceleration. The Tesla Supercharger network and Over-the-Air software updates were icing on the cake.

The Prius was a great car for what it was designed for, high mpg. The Model 3 is very efficient and much more fun to drive.

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nah, you're not going to get booted off. I drove a first generation Prius for over 17 years until I got my Model 3. I had wanted an EV back then and the Prius was a nice "gateway" car to tide me over until I could get the real thing.

Welcome to these forums!

Richt

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Our 2004 Prius is still going strong. Low miles, but still gets 44mpg which is pretty remarkable even today. But nothing like an EV, Welcome to the forum!

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Last car was a Prius. We still own two.
I like how simple the 2008-2009 models were, with a big (for then) central display and not many gauges.
Those cars are "cheap miles," and with leather and nav they are perfectly fine.
I still remember the first time I test drove one. The saleperson said, "Pretty peppy, huh?" And I said, "I thought it would suck worse."
We are gradually trading them out for Teslas.

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I recall test driving a prius in that 2010ish era...and I recall it being a huge downgrade from my insert auction beater car here. it was anemic on highway on-ramps, and the magic next-gen tech wasn't enough to sway me. I really wanted it to be a PHEV and at the time they were vehemently against using anything other than a boost in regen to increase efficiency.

fast forward a decade and I can basically never look back after getting a Tesla. They've all come a long way but there's still a quantum leap switching to full electric.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you've not already, check out the thread linked below where members here have offered to show their car to locals interested. See if there's someone near you that you can connect with - The tesla stores are really good about letting potential buyers try the cars out to their full potential (ie, abuse their acceleration), but there is a huge benefit to talking with someone locally that has been driving the car for a while and can go over any concerns you may have differently than an employee may.

https://teslaownersonline.com/threa...for-potential-buyers-ask-a-member-here.11532/

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Some of us have volunteered at time to help train new owners when at delivery centers when they get their car.
This forum is a little different from most forums in that it's very friendly and civilized. People genuinely try to be helpful when they can.

PEIEVGUY

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welcome to TOO!
There is oodles of info to be discovered within this forum, but don't be afraid to post any questions you have. We were all n00bs once after all.
Personally, I went from a 2009 Ford Mustang to Model 3 SR+.

Obviously one of the best decisions I've ever made!

Midnit3

Country
Country
Welcome.. hang out at the dealership and learn the car.. I did exactly that for years before I bought. That included a good number of test drives. I felt like the show Cheers.. sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name... lol. I now volunteer at that dealership when needed.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welcome.. hang out at the dealership and learn the car.. I did exactly that for years before I bought. That included a good number of test drives. I felt like the show Cheers.. sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name... lol. I now volunteer at that dealership when needed.
cheers_h_2015-jpg.28591