Pricing and configurator changes (6/26/18) P/D/First Prod now avail to all NA reservationists

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
FYI - I have two reserverations, the 2nd one which was placed later on the AM of April 1. I can now reserve P/D/First Production for BOTH reservations with crazy estimated delivery dates. 2-4 mos for P and 3-5 mos for D/First production.

This must be to allow everyone that wants to be grandfathered into lifetime free premium data to get their orders in before 7/1!!!!

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
P config only has 18” or 20” tire choices.

The $5k performance package is now available when you choose the P config and includes faster top speed and the below bling. So it’s now actually possible to get a P config with 18” tires and lower top speed.

b7856028-216d-4e57-abc7-c5cd8878934c-jpeg.10738
8dfe993b-95f2-41bf-956a-a32edc104b56-jpeg.10739

1d5b5e97-0aa5-4545-8357-bec0cd1c2061-jpeg.10741

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
White interior is still only for P and is $1500 more than black and the configurator clear states interior aluminum accents but picture clearly shows wood between aluminum strips.

1dbc6193-f307-4cc4-9aef-dadcff9a71ec-jpeg.10742
8144a9d7-a37b-46cb-b157-59fbbee0699c-jpeg.10743

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Another new change.
Solid Black is included

$1000 for
Midnight Silver Metallic
Obsidian Black Metallic
Deep Blue Metallic
Silver Metallic

$1500 for
Red Multicoat
Pearl White Multicoat

Trknz

Country
Country
Really hope this 3-5 month quote is only for those that passed up on their first invite to select RWD. Will be ridiculous if us April 1sters that have yet to receive any invites have to wait that long.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Really hope this 3-5 month quote is only for those that passed up on their first invite to select RWD. Will be ridiculous if us April 1sters that have yet to receive any invites have to wait that long.
I presume the long delivery time is due to the expected flood of orders to catch the unlimited Premium Connectivity.

P.S. - can anyone say Short Burn of the Century? Tesla is going to suddenly get full payment on TENS OF THOUSANDS of cars. Of course they don’t need to raise money now!

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So AWD is $1,000 cheaper than expected, multicoat red is $500 higher (for the extra coats?:)) and we don't know (for certain) what the internet connectivity will cost after July 1. If I could order non-PUP, I would do it tonight!

Long Ranger

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wow. Performance is $14k cheaper!
It's cheaper, but it's not going to be $14k for most people. They unbundled a lot of options. Now you have:
$64k Performance base price.
+$5k 20" wheels/pedals/spoiler/top speed increase
+$1.5k white interior
+$1.5k red or white paint

So for many it will be $72k instead of $78k. But it's still a big price decrease! I never expected that.

KGTES

Country
Country
It's cheaper, but it's not going to be $14k for most people. They unbundled a lot of options. Now you have:
$64k Performance base price.
+$5k 20" wheels/pedals/spoiler/top speed increase
+$1.5k white interior
+$1.5k red or white paint

So for many it will be $72k instead of $78k. But it's still a big price decrease! I never expected that.
So, wonder how they will treat @garsh 's order...

Trknz

Country
Country
NO. There are still no new invites. I still can not give Tesla my money.
Spreadsheet confirms, no one new is invited:
I’m hoping that we may be coming up next, as Elon initially was replying to Trev’s question about Canadian AWD invites coming up that week before replying to the one about April 1st invitations in the next few days. But this delivery quote better not be for us. Someone on Reddit stated that they spoke to a rep that claimed it was a bug, but who knows if they can be trusted.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I’m happy to report that I have now moved into the next stage of painful waiting. Hopefully after the current wave get a chance to order, @JWardell will have the choice of configuring.

I now am waiting for two D configs with aero and AP, one blue and one white. Both are estimated delivery Sept to Nov.

My ideal config was white interior but when I saw the $1500 upcharge for white, that was the end of that.
I was hoping to get SR with the full tax credit but that doesn’t seem possible. I’m confident that Tesla will cross 200k early Q3 so the full $7500 tax rebate will go until 12/31/18. As it stands, Sept to Nov is pretty close to the end of the year and we know how Elon time can sometimes warp...

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Please correct me if I’m wrong but from what I’ve observed so far, anyone who has been invited and has deferred now has full access to order First Production/P/D. I presume going forward, anyone who choose to defer further will just be lumped into all of the other invitees with the further releases of white interior for non-P as well as SR and non-PUP.