Official PRESS RELEASE: FAST EV LIGHTNING RUN

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
FAST EV LIGHTNING RUN
image006.jpg

CANADA’S FIRST COAST-TO-COAST NONSTOP ELECTRIC VEHICLE ROAD TRIP

• This morning at 9:00am PST, Ian Pavelko and Trevor Page will be in Tsawwassen, BC, where a commencement ceremony will take place before they hit the road between 9:45-10:00am
  • Pavelko and Page hope to be the first Canadians to drive, nonstop from coast-to-coast in an EV
  • The Fast EV Lightning Run is the first of its kind

• Ian and Trevor are sponsored by Fast EV, a division of Fast Wheels.
  • Social media hashtags: #FastEVLightningRun2020 #FastEVLightningRun

Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC – That’s right, the day is finally here: The Fast EV Lightning Run is set to commence this morning at 10:00am PST in Tsawwassen, BC. The driving duo will meet on the reserve at 9:00am local time in BC.

"With my health back to normal, and Trevor as ready to head out as I am, we are beyond excited to get this drive started," exclaimed Ian Pavelko, Technical Director at Fastco Canada, and owner of Magneto the Model 3. Both Pavelko and Page will be alternating between driving and sleeping in order to ensure they both get adequate rest along the 6,000km (approx.) Fast EV Lightning Runroad trip.

Pavelko provided an in-depth look at his journey so far leading up to this morning’s departure, and it can be found here.

Pavelko and Page are both available for interviews leading up to this morning’s departure on their epic cross-Canada Fast EV Lightning Run.

For further information or questions or concerns regarding the Fast EV Lightning Run, please contact

Miranda Lightstone, Marketing Consultant

mlightstone@fastco.ca

1.877.833.9877 ext. 285

Or contact Ian Pavelko directly for quotes/questions

To follow the Fast EV Lightning Run on social media, please like and follow these accounts

Fast Wheels IG @FastWheelsAlloy

Fast Wheels on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Fastwheelscanada/

Ian Pavelko @ianpavelko

Trevor Page @Model3Owners

Development and Testing of the Fast EV01+ (video)

image010.jpg
image011.jpg

IMG_4934.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 10.12.01 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

Glen M

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This is awesome! Good luck guys. Maybe we can meet up here in Calgary when you pass through.

Reactions: 1 person

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Maybe when my kids are older and in sleep away came (or the like) I’ll have an opportunity to try something like that with my wife!

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Can't wait to see the result! Safe travels and GO #TeamMidnightSilver!

Deborah and I have our own epic Canada trip in the works for later this year with our Model Y that will use some of the same V3 superchargers they'll use.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
If anyone is in the Vancouver area come join us for dinner in the Tsawwasen Mills area at around 6PM this Saturday, full details will be announced on Twitter.
Sunday morning we will be at the Tsawwasen Supercharger at 9AM where will have a short ceremony close the water when we leave at 10AM sharp!

sandange

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
ROAD TRIP - love road trips
What a great adventure. After reading about yesterday's 90 car pile up - Wishing you guys the best of luck with our Canadian winter weather for the trip.
We're looking forward to our mini road trip with our M3 SR+, Montreal, Fla, New Orleans, Niagara falls and back in April.
looking forward to following your progress.
Safe Trip!

Reactions: 2 people

miodice3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
View attachment 32334 [/QUOTE]
I've seen the stretch by thunder bay / Nipigon, Ontario, Canada on this graphic in a few places but they don't yet show up on tesla.com/trips, are these definitely installed and running now? We're planning a road trip and it looks like we could just get from Duluth MN to the Nipigon (looks like thats where it is but I can't verify) with our car if so?

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
View attachment 32334
I've seen the stretch by thunder bay / Nipigon, Ontario, Canada on this graphic in a few places but they don't yet show up on tesla.com/trips, are these definitely installed and running now? We're planning a road trip and it looks like we could just get from Duluth MN to the Nipigon (looks like thats where it is but I can't verify) with our car if so?

They definitely are online and working, Ian tested them out yesterday on his way out west. He’s currently in west Manitoba now and reports all the chargers are working well so far and consistently getting 200kW+.

He’s found a sweet spot during the trip on how to drive and get an extremely fast charge in the cold so he can be on his way quickly. We’ll document this in videos for everyone’s benefit

Paul Carter

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
For those interested in joining us for dinner near the Tsawwassen Supercharger, please RSVP by Friday, Feb 21 at 5 pm PST to events@bc.teslaownersclub.ca. Thanks and Cya there! (Venue TBC, but likely Montana's).

Last edited:

Louv

Country
Country
Enjoy your run! I just completed that in my Taycan.

(ok, I joined the Trans Canada east of Montreal and went west to Vancouver.)

It’s beautiful this time of year!

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I like abetterrouteplanner, but this link only worked once for me out of about 10 tries.
WTH is their website doing?
Agree - just clicked on it multiple times in a ro, and each time it opens the last route I entered instead of the shared route.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Peter Levey interview with yours truly about our #FastEVLightningRun

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.