Premium Sound System

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Haven't seen any exists threads about this, curious if anyone else has had this issue. I picked up my car last week, and since then, the speakers have worked correctly for a total of around 2-3 hours.

Not sure what exactly is going on, but it essentially sounds like only one speaker is working and there is no bass which leads to horrible sound quality. This is unfortunate because when the sound system worked properly, it sounded truly amazing.

I think its a software issue because like I mentioned the sound system has worked intermittently. On one drive, it didn't work until I parked, went to the store, and sat back in the car. Another time it worked right away and cut off half way on my drive home. Lastly, when I did my first charge after doing 200 miles, the sound system worked for a while after the charging was complete.

Here is what I tried so far:
  • Soft Reset (push both buttons on steering wheel)
  • Hard Reset (push both buttons on steering wheel + hold down the break)
  • Rapidly change sound equalizer options
  • Full power down

Curious to hear what everyone thinks or if there are other possible solutions to the problem. Please note that I have spoken with Tesla customer support and I have an appointment on 9/5 to have it looked at.

Defjukie

Country
Country
Haven't seen any exists threads about this, curious if anyone else has had this issue. I picked up my car last week, and since then, the speakers have worked correctly for a total of around 2-3 hours.

Not sure what exactly is going on, but it essentially sounds like only one speaker is working and there is no bass which leads to horrible sound quality. This is unfortunate because when the sound system worked properly, it sounded truly amazing.

I think its a software issue because like I mentioned the sound system has worked intermittently. On one drive, it didn't work until I parked, went to the store, and sat back in the car. Another time it worked right away and cut off half way on my drive home. Lastly, when I did my first charge after doing 200 miles, the sound system worked for a while after the charging was complete.

Here is what I tried so far:
  • Soft Reset (push both buttons on steering wheel)
  • Hard Reset (push both buttons on steering wheel + hold down the break)
  • Rapidly change sound equalizer options
  • Full power down

Curious to hear what everyone thinks or if there are other possible solutions to the problem. Please note that I have spoken with Tesla customer support and I have an appointment on 9/5 to have it looked at.
Sounds like a loose connection or faulty amp.

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Getting it checked out tomorrow so I'll report back here. It hasn't worked at all lately so I'm assuming the comment above is on point.

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
At Tesla right now, they confirmed that it wasn't plugged in correctly. It was probably plugged in half way which led it to work until I hit a bump or something and the plug fell out.