Premium sound system subwoofer size?

theloneranger08

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I currently have a Model 3 reserved (day one line waiter in Atlanta) and was wondering how big the subwoofer is in the premium package and how much space there is to work with around the sub. I've heard great things about the sound system in the premium package, but aftermarket audio, if done right is always going to be better. Want to see how easy it is to replace the sub and other speakers.

theloneranger08

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This doesn't answer your exact questions, but this video I stumbled across this morning shows more info about the sound system than I've seen so far. Placement of speakers and at least a shot of the subwoofer and location.
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/why-is-the-model-3-sound-system-so-good.109541/#post-2597799
Thanks for sharing. Yeah I actually saw that video last week which is what prompted me to post this. I was pleasantly surprised that the model 3 has a dedicated sub. It should make the wiring a lot easier if I replace it with an aftermarket sub. Does anyone have a model 3 already and can roughly guess whether a bigger sub can fit?

Rick Rollens

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No doubt the Model 3 has one of the best OEM sound systems out there. But, clearly there is major room for improvement. Unless you have been exposed to a quality high end aftermarket system, you will never know better. It's like someone who has only experienced Trader Joe's off the shelf wine, and never has had the really good stuff. You may think it is good, but until you experience what is possible these days in aftermarket stereo equipment and installation, you really will never know what you are truly missing. The Model 3 is worthy of a great audio system due in large part to how quiet it is. The OEM system in that car has too many speakers that cancel out too many critical frequencies. As a prior winner of the IASCA (International Auto Sound Competition Association) I know what is possible.