Premium connectivity ends UK

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

styleruk

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just got a reminder that my premium connectivity ends in a few weeks. Currently on lock down, I'm not bothered and to be honest, I don't think I'll keep it anyway.

So Live traffic; I'll miss that the most probably, it's quite useful
satellite view; I kinda have it turned off most of the time as it's a clearer picture of where I'm going
Video streaming; when I use it, I can connect to phone so that's no problem
Caraoke; bit like summon, used it once, so won't miss it
music streaming; have used that before, spotify, whilst I have an account, I won't miss that as it's quite irritating in the way it plays stuff I'm not interested in, so I generally play my own stuff from my phone. I have an account as I have a band and I use that to promote. If we lose the digital radio that would be a shame, but I don't think we will
Internet browser; again, like summon, used it once.

So in all, I won't miss it.

1587373239106.png

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I agree with that assessment. Live traffic is useful, but I never use satellite maps. It would be a bit of a pain to tether the car to the phone at the start of every trip to get streaming music, but I'd probably do that rather than spend the extra money. And you're not going to do any of those other activities unless the car is parked, so the car will automatically connect to wifi at that point, so tethering is less of a hassle.

styleruk

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I agree with that assessment. Live traffic is useful, but I never use satellite maps. It would be a bit of a pain to tether the car to the phone at the start of every trip to get streaming music, but I'd probably do that rather than spend the extra money. And you're not going to do any of those other activities unless the car is parked, so the car will automatically connect to wifi at that point, so tethering is less of a hassle.
I guess tethering is an easy thing to do when parked up to watch Netflix or something, I have a 30gb dataplan so that's no issue. But streaming Spotify, i would not bother with. If I really wanted to listen to spotify, then I'd play it on my phone as the phone is connected anyway. Just hope we don't lose any of the digital radios, I would think they are seperate. Time will tell.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just hope we don't lose any of the digital radios, I would think they are seperate. Time will tell.
Depends on what you mean by "digital radios". You'll still have digital FM, but you'll lose access to Tunein.

DrJFoster

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
We have DAB which is a digital radio station and not streaming.

The only annoying thing about tethering is you have to do it whenever you put it in drive - its probably easier to just stream via bluetooth from your phone (unless you want to use Teslas spotify account).

Reactions: 2 people

styleruk

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
We have DAB which is a digital radio station and not streaming.

The only annoying thing about tethering is you have to do it whenever you put it in drive - its probably easier to just stream via bluetooth from your phone (unless you want to use Teslas spotify account).
Wait, what? So I got a spotify account when the ability to use spotify on model 3 became active. I did not know there was a specific spotify account for tesla?
So where are the details for that?

styleruk

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Wait, what? So I got a spotify account when the ability to use spotify on model 3 became active. I did not know there was a specific spotify account for tesla?
So where are the details for that?
:D Got message from Spotify, 'what is the reason why you are ending your premium account'. My reply 'Because my Tesla won't play spotify anymore unless I pay them. So spotify + tesla = the cost of a couple of cd's each month'.
Frugal, not tight! :thumbsup:

Rob59

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just got a reminder that my premium connectivity ends in a few weeks. Currently on lock down, I'm not bothered and to be honest, I don't think I'll keep it anyway.

So Live traffic; I'll miss that the most probably, it's quite useful
satellite view; I kinda have it turned off most of the time as it's a clearer picture of where I'm going
Video streaming; when I use it, I can connect to phone so that's no problem
Caraoke; bit like summon, used it once, so won't miss it
music streaming; have used that before, spotify, whilst I have an account, I won't miss that as it's quite irritating in the way it plays stuff I'm not interested in, so I generally play my own stuff from my phone. I have an account as I have a band and I use that to promote. If we lose the digital radio that would be a shame, but I don't think we will
Internet browser; again, like summon, used it once.

So in all, I won't miss it.

View attachment 33506
Free premium connectivity restored in UK after (in my case) two payments. A fellow owner assured me that an owners group had had a lawyer scare Tesla with a cast iron legal argument that, I presume, Tesla's lawyers could not dispute. Exvellent.

styleruk

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Free premium connectivity restored in UK after (in my case) two payments. A fellow owner assured me that an owners group had had a lawyer scare Tesla with a cast iron legal argument that, I presume, Tesla's lawyers could not dispute. Exvellent.
Are you saying you have premium connectivity for free now? I understand if you want to pay for it but I just don't get enough use from it to justify another monthly subscription.

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.