Powerwall Support

RGK

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
My Powerwall is not generating the correct frequency to turn on my solar panels during a power outage. I have had an open ticket with Powerwall support now for 3 weeks and every time I call they say is has been referred to Tier 2 support and haven't received an answer yet. Multiple time they have said they would escalate it to a supervisor and increase the priority, but nothing seems to happen.

Has anyone been successful in contact Tier 2 support directly, or in getting Tesla support to fix a problem?

Collier007

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Why would your Powerwall turn on your solar panels? Also, doesn’t the utility company make you turn off your solar panels during a power outage? My local utility said I can leave the Powerwall on, but would have to turn off the solar so it doesn’t send power to the grid and electrocute someone.

RGK

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
That is the purpose of the Gateway, to disconnect the Grid from your Battery and Solar during a power outage, and then reconnect once power is restored (which make sure nobody on the Grid gets electrocuted). If operating properly the Powerwall sends a 60 Hz signal to your inverter(s) saying to turn on until the Powerwall is fully charged, such that one could operate off the Grid for some period of time.

ER1C8

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm having the same problem. Wont turn my panels back on to charge during an outage and also causes my hot water heater to keep restarting itself. I have not called yet but will soon.