Power reduced, Front motor temporarily disabled

EvanVanVan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got this error this evening... Just wondering, how temporary is "temporarily"? lol

I searched and most results said a SC visit was required. But I didn't see anyone else include "temporarily" when describing the message they received (just "Front/rear motor disabled"). I also got an error this morning saying regenerative braking was limited. (I thought that one might have something to do with the temperature and didn't consider it could be an indication of a larger problem until writing this post.)

This should be covered by the warranty, correct?

Thanks

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've seen this for a few seconds when i first enter the car once or twice, but it always goes away within seconds and i don't really worry too much about it.

EvanVanVan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ok, thank you yeah I only drove for a few minutes so I'm hoping it's gone tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

N54tt

Country
Country
I got this error this evening... Just wondering, how temporary is "temporarily"? lol

I searched and most results said a SC visit was required. But I didn't see anyone else include "temporarily" when describing the message they received (just "Front/rear motor disabled"). I also got an error this morning saying regenerative braking was limited. (I thought that one might have something to do with the temperature and didn't consider it could be an indication of a larger problem until writing this post.)

This should be covered by the warranty, correct?

Thanks
Based on my personal experience so far, I’d make a service appointment.
I haven’t been able to test it myself since my car has been in the service center for 16 Days now....dealing with power issues. But I’ve read that when things like this pop up, it’s been suggested to hit the voice prompt and say something like “bug report” and a brief note of what’s going on, like “power reduced, front motor disabled”. Apparently when you do this it takes a snapshot of the systems...helping them to diagnose the issue.

Last edited:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
But I’ve read that when things like this pop up, it’s been suggested to hit the voice prompt and say something like “bug report” and a brief note of what’s going on, like “power reduced, front motor disabled”. Apparently when you do this it takes a snapshot of the systems...helping them to diagnose the issue.
+1

After doing this, make an appointment with your service center. Let them know that you filed a bug report, along with the approximate time of that report. It may be helpful to them if it's not easily reproducible.

EvanVanVan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Based on my personal experience so far, I’d make a service appointment.
I haven’t been able to test it myself since my car has been in the service center for 16 Days now....dealing with power issues. But I’ve read that when things like this pop up, it’s been suggested to hit the voice prompt and say something like “bug report” and a brief note of what’s going on, like “power reduced, front motor disabled”. Apparently when you do this it takes a snapshot of the systems...helping them to diagnose the issue.

That's very cool, thanks! (and that sucks the SC is taking so long with your car :[ )

Zak

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got this “Power reduced:Front motor temporarily disabled” on my LR DM right after software update - is this just a software bug? Or did you guys get your front motor replaced?