Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Post-delivery Paperwork?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Tom Hudson 
#1 ·
We took delivery of our Model 3 on July 11 in Chicago. We live in Wisconsin so they need to send us the paperwork so that we can get the sales taxes paid here and get the car licensed. In the meantime it has a temporary Illinois registration and paper plate in the back window.

I'm wondering if there's anyone else here who's had this kind of scenario (delivery in one state but registering in another) who can tell me what kind of timeframe is involved with getting this paperwork. We paid cash for the car (ACH transfer directly to Tesla) so I figured the paperwork would come really quickly. We're wanting to do a road trip that will involve travel in Canada, so I really don't want temporary Illinois paper plates on the car for going back and forth across the border.

A guy in the Chicago (Highland Park) service center called a week ago to see how we were doing with the car and I asked about it but haven't heard anything since.

Comments? Suggestions? Is there someone I can call at Tesla to get an ETA on this?

#3 ·
Also following. Live in Michigan and picking up in Ohio next week.

#4 ·
I just heard from my contact at the Highland Park Tesla SC -- my paperwork will be out for delivery tomorrow via FedEx, so that'll make it 10 days; spot-on with the estimate they gave me at delivery.

Reactions: iChris93
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.