Possible Model 3 Configurator Information Discloure

Akilae

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Hello,

I found some Information on a configurator URL which is currently either in use for mobile devices (not sure about this) or not at all.

Can I get some guesses on how realistic my assumptions can be. The for me as a foreigner most important informations is that regarding to the following code snippet Tesla calculates the average consumption of the Model 3 with 0,237 Wh/mile or 147 Wh/km for metric people. Which would lead to a range of around 316 miles on 75kwh or 253 miles on 60kwh battery, assuming that you have a full amount of 75 or 60 kwh available for driving which I doubt.

{"months":60,"toll_savings":null,"distance_per_month":833.33,"distance":49999.8,"fuel_efficiency_imperial":28,"fuel_efficiency_metric":null,"kwh_consumption":0.237,"supercharger_kwh_price":0.2,"fuel_price":2.85,"kwh_price":0.127},"variant":["m3"],"market":"US"}

According to the next code snippet Tesla will charge a document and registration fee of about 1000$ for a model 3 in the US. Seems

"Fees.US":{"fees":[{"feeType":"reg_and_doc_fee","financeType":"any","description":"Registration and doc fee","period":"once","variant":["m3"],"amount":1000,"market":"US"},

And regarding to the next code snippet Tesla will charge a 5000$ down payment for a Model 3 if you take a loan.

"Loan.US":{"loan":[{"market":"US","variant":["m3"],"variables":{"downPayment":5000,"minimumDownPayment":5000,"interestRate":2.74,"loanTerm":72,"loanDistance":null},"interestRateMatrix":[],"residualRateMatrix":[]}

Am I onto something?

Also the consumption is significantly lower on a Model 3 using 0,237 kwh/mile compared to a Model S using 0,344 kwh/mile or a Model X using 0,369 kwh/mile

Last edited:

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
And regarding to the next code snippet Tesla will charge a 5000$ down payment for a Model 3 if you take a loan.

"Loan.US":{"loan":[{"market":"US","variant":["m3"],"variables":{"downPayment":5000,"minimumDownPayment":5000,"interestRate":2.74,"loanTerm":72,"loanDistance":null},"interestRateMatrix":[],"residualRateMatrix":[]}
if it is like the S / X configurer, the 5000 down is probably the suggested starting point and will be able to be adjusted on the screen up (and down?) to see how that impacts the monthly payment.

Akilae

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
if it is like the S / X configurer, the 5000 down is probably the suggested starting point and will be able to be adjusted on the screen up (and down?) to see how that impacts the monthly payment.
Interesting, I am not familiar with the US configurator so far and in Austria we don't have the loan option.

Dyna

Country
Country
It seems like that calculator might not be using EPA range. A Model S 60D has about 62.4 kwh of usable battery and a 210 mile EPA range, which gives .297kwh/mile.

EValuatED

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Am I onto something?

Also the consumption is significantly lower on a Model 3 using 0,237 kwh/mile compared to a Model S using 0,344 kwh/mile or a Model X using 0,369 kwh/mile
It seems like that calculator might not be using EPA range. A Model S 60D has about 62.4 kwh of usable battery and a 210 mile EPA range, which gives .297kwh/mile.
If .237 kwh/mile is accurate (hold on, let me check my HUD) it would mean "75 kwh" battery could hit/exceed 300 miles range! Previously I've swag'd .25 kwh/mile.

Akilae

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Yes but I'm quite sure that this calculator entry was for the basic model 75 RWD without AWD.

Akilae

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I hope your code snippets and calculations are correct. These would be great numbers! AWD/dual motor should be a few miles of range better yet. I'm excited! :cool::D
Forget my calculations, I never was good at math :). But if the consumption really is 0.237 kwh/mile this would be huge :).

Kbm3

Country
Country
I am now convinced that the base version will have a 50 kWh battery. I remember early on that Tesla was targeting a 20% improvement in efficiency versus the model S. He was probably trying to achieve the same range as the model S 60.

I know people are hoping for a base version at 60 KWh, but Tesla is already pulling off a miracle with a $35k Model 3. This car is in no way comparable to a Bolt. A 250 mile range $35,000 model three is literally too good to be true.

I also hazard a guess that there will be 50, 60 & 75 kWh versions.

dudeman

Country
Country
I am now convinced that the base version will have a 50 kWh battery. I remember early on that Tesla was targeting a 20% improvement in efficiency versus the model S. He was probably trying to achieve the same range as the model S 60.

I know people are hoping for a base version at 60 KWh, but Tesla is already pulling off a miracle with a $35k Model 3. This car is in no way comparable to a Bolt. A 250 mile range $35,000 model three is literally too good to be true.

I also hazard a guess that there will be 50, 60 & 75 kWh versions.
55 kWh & 70 kWh are quite possible. It would put high end 3 slightly below low end S. It makes sense. Only 26 and half hours to go. :)