Official Possible change to the forum front page layout, feedback requested

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Dear members, with the upcoming site update this weekend we will have a whole bunch of new features for you, more on that soon, but one of the things I've been thinking about is the possibility of spicing up the home page a bit by putting forums into blocks. We have control over how many wide they can be 1-6 and we can also add a color or image to the background. Don't worry, on mobile devices the page will still be in a column so you don't have to pinch and zoom!

I've attached a few *very rough* samples of what is possible (styling is NOT final and needs more work), let me know via the poll what you think and give us some feedback if you find this might help the site. We want to keep things fresh for you and make the site even better!

Thanks
Trev

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 11.48.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 11.41.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 11.40.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 11.40.04 AM.png

serpico007

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
I prefer your first example because it is easier to view and follow. Blocks are wasted space and possibly harder to read in mobile. Can’t wait to see the final forums. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 person

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
FWIW every forum home page i visit seems to be a waste of space, that I look forward to clicking through as quickly as possible, so I can get to the linear style display. I'm all for new formats, but have yet to see one that works as well as the linear style.

But who knows? Give it a shot!

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm definitely against more wasted space and this makes it much more difficult to just scan down the page to find what you are looking for, now you have to look all over the place. Can it be a preference setting?

Taney71

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I prefer ease of reading so anything that has clear, simple lists of topics or what's in the next webpage to view will be nice.

skygraff

re member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Linear but colors are nice and it would be cool if we could collapse groups we're not that interested in since that would make it easier on a mobile device.

To be honest, I have the "new posts" section bookmarked on my mobile and generally just click that link when I log in on my laptop so I don't spend much time looking at the home page unless there's an announcement at the top or an interesting picture.

Reactions: 2 people

NR4P

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I use mobile to view the site 90% of the time and the first example will render better on mobile. Therefore I chose Linear.

TrevP

Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm definitely against more wasted space and this makes it much more difficult to just scan down the page to find what you are looking for, now you have to look all over the place. Can it be a preference setting?

Sadly no, it's global

TrevP

Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks for the feedback everyone. For now I've left it as-is but added a couple of background images in a couple of segments. Let me know if you'd like more to spice it up!

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I can't recall if the top image on mobile (android 10 in this case) was the same, but you can see what it is doing with the settings/menu selection bars ? since they are white and the underlying TESLA on the left side of the top banner image is WHITE the visibility of the BARS is getting masked by the underlying white image.. maybe if possibly make the left tesla car RED or some other color? Just a thought.

Resized_Screenshot_20210207-093301_Samsung_Internet.jpeg

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.