Porsche Oakville blown away with Model 3 Performance !

save_300_dollars_ev_dot_energy

JMON

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The guys at Porsche Oakville were saying stuff like: "How is this possible !?!? I had no idea. WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW o_O !!!!!?????!!!!!?? " as I took a corner at speed and then just laid into the throttle with a tiny tail wag. Hahahahah what a great day.

Reactions: 5 people

Perscitus

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Great job! That's the quintessential EV experience for the ICE sales professionals. Hope they sell a decent bunch of Taycans and e-Trons and further the rEVolution. The more, the merrier!

For most, even a Hyundai Kona EV or Peugeot 208 EV would be an eye opening experience. More converts please.

Reactions: 1 person

JMON

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Great job! That's the quintessential EV experience for the ICE sales professionals. Hope they sell a decent bunch of Taycans and e-Trons and further the rEVolution. The more, the merrier!

For most, even a Hyundai Kona EV or Peugeot 208 EV would be an eye opening experience. More converts please.

Agreed Perscitus ;)

Yeah the salesman compared performance to brand new 2019 Porsche 911 Turbo S which is way over double the cost and doesn't fit 5 people, isn't as safe or 1/6th as efficient etc. etc. They said we got nothing like this. Quite simply they were gobsmacked.

Frully

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It's always funny in my head that for raw numbers it takes something like a Mclaren P1 to or similarly spec'd supercar to match this (arguably high end) family sedan. The future is bright.

Reactions: 2 people

Ed Post

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
My daughter sells BMWs, and has one of her own. I gave her a chance to drive my Model 3 Performance thru the back roads of South Carolina. Now she has some personal data about what she's selling against.

Reactions: 4 people

PNWmisty

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
My daughter sells BMWs, and has one of her own. I gave her a chance to drive my Model 3 Performance thru the back roads of South Carolina. Now she has some personal data about what she's selling against.

So, is she thinking of getting a different job or is she banking on the fact that her customers don't know what she knows? ;)

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐧 🐓🦃🦉🦢🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So, is she thinking of getting a different job or is she banking on the fact that her customers don't know what she knows? ;)
Honestly, if I were her, I'd stick with the BMW job. It probably has better job security for the next several years, considering Tesla's push to go online-only for sales.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Honestly, if I were her, I'd stick with the BMW job. It probably has better job security for the next several years, considering Tesla's push to go online-only for sales.

I'm certainly not suggesting she go to Tesla! Where did you get that idea? I do agree with Tesla's management who believes commissioned car sales are part of an outdated business model that is going away.

Check out the chart titled "Global car sales EV vs ICE" in the middle of this insightful article:
https://cleantechnica.com/2019/04/14/the-mystery-of-tesla-model-3-demand/

Yes, BMW has EV's and apparently more coming but I don't think the current commissioned car sales will survive the transition to electric. The sales commission simply doesn't have a place in a transaction with an informed buyer.

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐧 🐓🦃🦉🦢🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yes, BMW has EV's and apparently more coming but I don't think the current commissioned car sales will survive the transition to electric. The sales commission simply doesn't have a place in a transaction with an informed buyer.
The Dealership sales model is so completely entrenched in the US. I hope you're correct, but I personally don't think it's going to happen. They make too much money and they support local & state-level politicians to make sure nothing threatens their business model.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
The Dealership sales model is so completely entrenched in the US. I hope you're correct, but I personally don't think it's going to happen. They make too much money and they support local & state-level politicians to make sure nothing threatens their business model.

I agree it's entrenched but a lot of entrenched interests are eventually displaced and, when it happens, it tends to happen quickly. Not due to government regulation but for competitive reasons. Tesla's sales model might become a key factor in why the competition is not competing effectively. Time will tell but I don't expect the outdated sales model to last, regardless of laws designed to prevent manufacturer's from competing with their own franchise dealerships. I believe those laws are subject to being overturned by federal courts under the commerce clause of Article 1 of the Constitution and, even before they are overturned, the business model will be all but dead. The early signs are already in.

Ed Post

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Ed Post said:
She's working towards building a horse training and boarding facility, a market that Tesla will probably not enter in the near term. Elon once said that in the future, having a non-self-driving car will be a bit like owning a horse -- keep in the garage, take it out on sunny days. Kind of a nostalgic visit back in time.

My daughter replies: "I don't have a horse for nostalgia. I keep it in preparation for the upcoming zombie apocalypse."

Reactions: 2 people