Porch Pirates Stole My Tesla Stuff

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

bsunny

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
As I read several comments above from people who file claims against the shipper or credit card company, it seems to me the obvious thing is for these for-profit industries is to pass along those costs to the consumer. Ultimately, we all pay for those additional costs of doing business.
My preference is to be responsible in specifying the best/safest/most convenient delivery location I can based on my specific situation. Some people use work, some people use signature required, some use a pick up location... and it could vary from order to order. Seems to me the customer knows best and should be responsible for paying attention to this.
To whom should I send my 2 cent fee for this, my humble opinion? 😉

serpico007

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
I ordered some stuff recently from the Tesla store and the box was waiting outside. FedEx didn’t knock at all. Luckily I was getting dinner delivered and noticed

Klaus-rf

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
... But as he says - he doesn't want "signature required", because he's never around to sign for packages. That's not a solution to his problem.
Many, many years I started having all pkgs sent to my office. We have a large international shipping./receiving area with someone always there to sign, and we are also allow personal deliveries. SR holds it for me, sends me an email and I go collect it. Then Auntie COVID came to town so now I send pkgs to my home.

As far as who has more control over the situation, you've got things backwards. You as the buyer are able to completely control the delivery location. The seller has no choice but to send it where you've told them to send it.
Sellers are often restricted to shipping to the billing addy registered with the credit card used to pay for the item. Shipping to a different addy is a yuuuge sign of fraud. Most CC companies will allow second addys though.