Pollen of some sort has glued itself to my windhsield...

coredumperror

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

A week or so ago, my entire Model 3 got covered with these little white flecks that I assume are some kind of pollen. I can feel them making the surface of my paint and glass very "bumpy", but they're nearly impossible to see except on the glass, from the inside, while facing the sun. Unfortunately, as you can see in this photo, they are quite blinding when I'm driving toward the Sun. Thank goodness I don't commute toward the Sun!

The main issue is that these stupid flecks have completely resisted all cleaning methods that I've tried, save one, but I know it's not safe to use on my paint, and I'm somewhat suspect about using it on all my glass.

I picked up some of this hard water spot remover recently to fix some mistakes I made the first time I tried to clean this **** off:

It says it's safe on all surfaces, but since it's made with petroleum, I asked the shop that did my ceramic coat if it was safe to use on my paint, and they said not to risk it.

I've used that hard water spot removed on a small out-of-the-way section of my windshield, and it seems to have worked (I can no longer feel the little flecks on the part of the glass that I used it on). But it was late dusk when I tried this, so I couldn't see if I'd managed to scratch the glass or otherwise damage it.

So I just want to ask if you guys know if it would be safe to use this hard water spot remover on at least my glass, since that's the part that's really important. And I'm also hoping you might have some advice on what to use on my paint. You can't really see the damn things against the dark blue of my car, but I can feel them, so I know the damn things are there.

coredumperror

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't really know a lot about car stuff, so I have just the barest hint about what a claybar even is. But yeah,
I bet a claybar is just what the doctor ordered. I'll snap one up ASAP and give it a try.

Ed Woodrick

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

A week or so ago, my entire Model 3 got covered with these little white flecks that I assume are some kind of pollen. I can feel them making the surface of my paint and glass very "bumpy", but they're nearly impossible to see except on the glass, from the inside, while facing the sun. Unfortunately, as you can see in this photo, they are quite blinding when I'm driving toward the Sun. Thank goodness I don't commute toward the Sun!

The main issue is that these stupid flecks have completely resisted all cleaning methods that I've tried, save one, but I know it's not safe to use on my paint, and I'm somewhat suspect about using it on all my glass.

I picked up some of this hard water spot remover recently to fix some mistakes I made the first time I tried to clean this **** off:

It says it's safe on all surfaces, but since it's made with petroleum, I asked the shop that did my ceramic coat if it was safe to use on my paint, and they said not to risk it.

I've used that hard water spot removed on a small out-of-the-way section of my windshield, and it seems to have worked (I can no longer feel the little flecks on the part of the glass that I used it on). But it was late dusk when I tried this, so I couldn't see if I'd managed to scratch the glass or otherwise damage it.

So I just want to ask if you guys know if it would be safe to use this hard water spot remover on at least my glass, since that's the part that's really important. And I'm also hoping you might have some advice on what to use on my paint. You can't really see the damn things against the dark blue of my car, but I can feel them, so I know the damn things are there.
Except for maybe being white, it seems as if you are describing is tree sap. Warm soapy water can help, but it sometimes take a little bit for the sap to dissolve. My car got sapped at a valet last week. I washed it on the way home, and had to wash again the next day. It took that much and the sap had not even hardened.