POLL: Do you have this foam piece in your trunk?

Do you have this foam piece in your trunk?

• Yes (it’s still there)

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Yes (I removed it though)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 78.8%

• Total voters

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As the poll suggests I’m curious if you guys have this foam piece? I asked my service technician and he told me it was meant to be there to reduce vibrations meanwhile I haven’t seen another 3 have it. I also hear things in my trunk and can’t help but think this is the root cause.

Do you have this on your 3?

33be21c2-2920-45aa-9a27-541e3a78c78b-jpeg.10343

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As the poll suggests I’m curious if you guys have this foam piece? I asked my service technician and he told me it was meant to be there to reduce vibrations meanwhile I haven’t seen another 3 have it. I also hear things in my trunk and can’t help but think this is the root cause.

View attachment 10343
Will let you know in about an hour... wanted to reply so in case I get busy, and then forget (possible), I'll get a reminder when someone replies on this thread.

EDIT: voted yes. @SoFlaModel3 did they say it was for shipping or something and can come out? It’s literally just loose in there except for the tension of the foam itself from the screen to the metal.
2d084a1b-ebe0-46e2-98d3-828dd66b9282-jpeg.10376

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Will let you know in about an hour... wanted to reply so in case I get busy, and then forget (possible), I'll get a reminder when someone replies on this thread.

EDIT: voted yes. @SoFlaModel3 did they say it was for shipping or something and can come out? It’s literally just loose in there except for the tension of the foam itself from the screen to the metal.
View attachment 10376
My service technician said not to remove it. My initial sense was that it was in the car for shipping though. I’ll ask again when he comes to install my trunk garnish ;)

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My service technician said not to remove it. My initial sense was that it was in the car for shipping though. I’ll ask again when he comes to install my trunk garnish ;)
Make sure the garnish is fresh! :p
I think you’re probably right...it was installed for shipping...or worst, you have a defective trunk vent and they did a “quick” fix :eek:

Last edited:

Gunn

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I double checked and can confirm that The Crimson Short One does not have this, checked thoroughly.

It does appear that for me, there is a sizable gap between the shelf and any fabric on-top (thus able to get my hand in there and have a good feel around). It could be that the 'wedge' was replaced with a better looking spacer that matches the trim as I do have that extra trim piece that goes next to the rubber trunk seal, maybe it was part of that 'additional change'...

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I double checked and can confirm that The Crimson Short One does not have this, checked thoroughly.

It does appear that for me, there is a sizable gap between the shelf and any fabric on-top (thus able to get my hand in there and have a good feel around). It could be that the 'wedge' was replaced with a better looking spacer that matches the trim as I do have that extra trim piece that goes next to the rubber trunk seal, maybe it was part of that 'additional change'...
Yes, I have it. VIN 0006029
These 2 posts go very well together, thanks! Makes sense that they came up with an improvement on later VINs :(

ghoticov

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

View attachment 10343
I was watching the Model 3 Owners Club youtube podcast just now and saw you talking about this.

Mine does indeed have it and my VIN is # 89. Also, I called my Service Ranger about a rattling going on near my rear deck lid and it was indeed the deck lid slightly rattling. He installed some 3M foam tape and kind of built it up until the rattle went away and its been gone since (that was 3 weeks ago).