POLL: do you have the A Pillar bulge?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Do you have the driver’s side A Pillar bulge?

• Yes

Votes: 111 68.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 31.5%

• Total voters

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Simple poll, but I’m curious if this is everyone or not. I brought this up to service and they have ordered a replacement part for me, so I’m curious if that will fix it or if there is a minor design flaw.

After voting in the poll, please reply as well and indicate your VIN (masked is fine).

Note, though I started a thread for my curiosity, the issue hardly bothers me.

I’ll start, VIN 5950 and yes to the bulge.

cb8827a6-97b3-4b90-9870-a7507bfd2080-jpeg.8043
6f6b38c9-d812-452b-ba5a-3c1d4bc366e7-jpeg.8044

goto10

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
12xxx

I have a bulge of less magnitude than the photo - it doesn't go past the black area on the windshield. I don't notice it when driving but it bothers be a bit that it's there. I'm not planning to do anything about it until a robust fix is available. The few reports I've seen of people getting theirs fixed have seen the problem return.

skygraff

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
12xxx

I have a bulge of less magnitude than the photo - it doesn't go past the black area on the windshield. I don't notice it when driving but it bothers be a bit that it's there. I'm not planning to do anything about it until a robust fix is available. The few reports I've seen of people getting theirs fixed have seen the problem return.

+1

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
12xxx

Well my car is going in Thursday, so stay tuned :)

Scrutmonkey

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I just checked mine, it looks like there just wasn't an anchor point designed for that particular portion on the pillar cover.

Mine is less than you's though so hopefully they'll find a pillar cover that fits better.

Simon Says

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
I have the same problem and it looks awful on both side 105XX. Biggest issue right now is that they refuse to align the doors properly. If you guys know a good lemon law attorney I am approaching that option very fast.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have the same problem and it looks awful on both side 105XX. Biggest issue right now is that they refuse to align the doors properly. If you guys know a good lemon law attorney I am approaching that option very fast.
Hmm I hadn’t seen anyone report the issue in the right side.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yes there is an issue on both side. Apparently there is a bulletin about this issue telling them not to touch it until a new part is made that all parts come bulging... and it is for both side :S
Well my right side is flawless and the left side, well you saw the picture. Will be interesting to see the outcome Thursday when I get it back.

Simon Says

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Hum interesting. Well keep me posted. When I get my car back Monday I'll post the long list of things fixed and the ones that arn't. But if the panels are still really bad I am not prepared to accept the car. Biggest mistake was to succumb to the pressure and accept it in the first place.
As I said if I could use a time machine I'd travel back to tell myself not to sign and while there I'd play the lottery as well ;)

totomafang

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
VIN# 152xx, Yes, on both sides, thanks to your pictures I found out right away on my delivery date and they said they will order parts to replace them. Also have similar loose above-rear-window trim issues both sides like yours, too(feel like rubber sponge to squeeze on, but hard to tell without touching them.

aquadoggie

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I do, but not enough to bother me. I also have a not-quite-tight fit where the pillar covers connect above the passenger side doors. It's fine on the driver's side, but noticeable on the passenger side. Probably still won't get it fixed.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I do, but not enough to bother me. I also have a not-quite-tight fit where the pillar covers connect above the passenger side doors. It's fine on the driver's side, but noticeable on the passenger side. Probably still won't get it fixed.
I have that as well on both sides and that is to be corrected Thursday as well.

166d1990-7bb1-43d5-8dc0-a352b10ba756-jpeg.8092
3baa2c0d-41eb-4d13-a115-716c9d8861a5-jpeg.8093

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
img_0196-jpg.8098

VIN 80XX

Mine does too, but not enough to bother me. The Dallas SC said there are more wires through there and no clips in the middle. Plus there were told that is normal so there is no fix for it. I will be interested in this supposed new part that they are working on and what happens with the repair for @SoFlaModel3

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
View attachment 8098

VIN 80XX

Mine does too, but not enough to bother me. The Dallas SC said there are more wires through there and no clips in the middle. Plus there were told that is normal so there is no fix for it. I will be interested in this supposed new part that they are working on and what happens with the repair for @SoFlaModel3
Yes, exactly that. Let us know if there is a substantial difference.
Will follow up tomorrow evening!

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have that as well on both sides and that is to be corrected Thursday as well.

View attachment 8092 View attachment 8093
Show us pics after please! :) When we first got the car, I asked them to fix those exact same issues you pointed out on the B and C pillar trims and they said they did, but it didn't change much.

I also have a slight A pillar bulge on the passenger side, but not on the driver's. I've left that alone as I don't notice it unless I really look for it.