Poll: Did you lose autopilot today and all related features?

Did you lose autopilot related features today?

• Yes

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • No

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This morning I set out on the road to Miami. Note I hate going to Miami. Traffic is horrible. I was excited to use Navigate on Autopilot for a number of highway transitions. Sadly, Autopilot functionality was gone. Not just auto steer, but the entire suite of functionality gone.
  • Headlights stuck on (in "auto") even though it wasn't dark out
  • Autowipers did not work
  • Lane lines were gone
  • Surrounding cars were gone
  • Lane departure warning was gone
  • Speed limit readings were gone
  • Autosteer was gone
  • Forward collision warning was gone.
I assumed it was my car, but after sitting on hold with Tesla for ~35 minutes they came on the line and told me that it's a widespread "network" outage. So did it happen to you? Has the functionality returned? I spent 2 hours in the car with 120 highway miles and it didn't come back. I already tried power cycling the car and 2 button resets twice.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had none of these and drove 7:20-8:00am, 11:30-12:45pm, 4:00-4:45pm, 6:00-7:00pm Central time today.

Added my current software version to my signature.

Last edited:

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
yep, sadly this happened to me today as well on the way home. there was blinding sunlight so for awhile i thought "maybe the sun is blinding the cameras too" then it came back for a few seconds, i engaged autopilot and almost immediately got the red beeping/hands on the wheel and takeover. then it was gone the rest of the way home.

i'm actually relieved to see this is happening to others and not something wrong with my car

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No issues here. I was using EAP successfully yesterday from 5:30 - 6:30am and 3:00-4:30pm EST.

S/W 42.3

Last edited:

slacker775

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had this on my way into work yesterday. I rebooted when I got to work - but didn’t drive around to verify- but when I went home at night all was good.

FF35

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had nothing most of the morning but it came back on my drive home around 7pm. Everything seems to be back to normal today.

ADK46

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How does this happen? A connection to the mother ship is required for EAP? You didn't mention if you still had a functioning map in the display - I can understand "no map data, no auto-pilot". Edit: I did use TACC in the evening.

I didn't use EAP yesterday. Nothing seemed amiss, except I couldn't wake up the car from the iPhone app.

Smokey S

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I lost autopilot (yesterday) on a trip to Tampa at 7am on 42.2. I called service center — didn’t get fixed. No mention of wide spread outage—in fact they schedule me for a service visit. Later this week. It came back temporarily around 12pm and then disappeared on my return trip home. I had maps and able to use map navigate feature, but nothing else as described above in post by Michael.

Update:
I got a software update (42.2.1)yesterday during my service appt. I installed it, but no notes were provided—so I don’t know what it fixed.

Last edited:

judomc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My daily commute doesn't typically involve EAP but I didn't notice any issues with the display in the car that morning. (42.2)

I am a bit troubled by this issue though. I can understand some of these functions like actually engaging AutoPilot, NoA not being available in case of a network issue but if the car has the local computing capacity and map/gps data I don't see a good reason for a network issue to impact "basic" functions like wipers, lights, lane departures, or emergency braking/collision warning. Hopefully they take this opportunity to evaluate some of the dependency chains in the software.

twm01

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
42.4, I had the issue yesterday morning, no EAP/TACC, no car icons around my car. Resolved when I left after work. Many people here reported the issue, saw it on FB as well, yet no stories anywhere that I can find about it.

Country
Country
Yesterday - Morning commute was fine 8:30-9:30 am ET - I did notice auto wipers not functioning.
Evening commute home 4:30-5:30p- no autopilot/no cruise/no speed icons/no wipers - etc. Nothing. Makes you appreciate autopilot even that much more - sitting in traffic without it.
Reboot did not solve. I powered car off for a while after I got home, then it seemed to be working again.
As an aside - why do we all have different software versions? 42.2, 42.3, 42.4?? They seem to all push at the same time, but we get different versions?

twm01

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yesterday - Morning commute was fine 8:30-9:30 am ET - I did notice auto wipers not functioning.
Evening commute home 4:30-5:30p- no autopilot/no cruise/no speed icons/no wipers - etc. Nothing. Makes you appreciate autopilot even that much more - sitting in traffic without it.
Reboot did not solve. I powered car off for a while after I got home, then it seemed to be working again.
As an aside - why do we all have different software versions? 42.2, 42.3, 42.4?? They seem to all push at the same time, but we get different versions?
They push various versions out at various times, so there are almost always 8-12 different versions active at any one time... see teslafi software

@gravityrydr

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
42.3 drove a mix of EAP, TACC and Drive on Nav. No issues with those but connectivity dropped out and didn't come back for the rest of the drive.