Polished Protection

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Jeda - Tesla Tech Accessories

Achooo

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Has anyone dealt with Polished Protection in Santa Ana? Thinking about having ceramic and tint done with them. They have good reviews and seem reasonably priced. But I was hoping to get an endorsement from the TOO community before pulling the trigger. Or if anyone has a better recommendation in OC, I’m all ears. Polished also has another location in Signal Hill with a lot more favorable reviews.

https://yelp.to/qTKq/X3XEPmwtk0

Achooo

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

Achooo

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Lots of choices now... join us for a little Tesla conversation, perhaps some 🍻🍺 and ask an OC Club member in person on Sunday. @Rafael will be joining us on his drive to the OC from South Florida, hopefully. (http://www.octeslaclub.com)
That sounds awesome! Unfortunately will be out of town but I will definitely mark my calendar for the next meet!

Jason@FreshStartDetail

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
As a career detailing professional in the industry, I would choose Ultimate Shield in Orange. They have a better reputation within our detailing community.
I'm not sure how far you live from them but it's worth the hassle of driving a bit further when you're making that kind of investment IMO.
LOVE your black Model 3 by the way!

Reactions: 1 person

Achooo

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
As a career detailing professional in the industry, I would choose Ultimate Shield in Orange. They have a better reputation within our detailing community.
I'm not sure how far you live from them but it's worth the hassle of driving a bit further when you're making that kind of investment IMO.
Thanks for the recommendation Jason. I’ve looked at ultimate shield, and they tend to be pricier than almost everyone else. But I’m starting to think it might be worth it for the quality.

Achooo

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Jason, as an experienced detailer, do you have a preference between opticoat pro plus vs ceramic pro 9h for a midnight silver metallic car?

Jason@FreshStartDetail

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
Thanks for the recommendation Jason. I’ve looked at ultimate shield, and they tend to be pricier than almost everyone else. But I’m starting to think it might be worth it for the quality.
Like almost anything else, the best will cost more. Judge them on price last.

Jason, as an experienced detailer, do you have a preference between opticoat pro plus vs ceramic pro 9h for a midnight silver metallic car?
Yes, I've extensively installed and tested both products (plus many other ceramic coatings) and I hands-down recommend Opti-coat Pro Plus.

Achooo

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Like almost anything else, the best will cost more. Judge them on price last.

Yes, I've extensively installed and tested both products (plus many other ceramic coatings) and I hands-down recommend Opti-coat Pro Plus.

Yes, I think your right that you often get what you pay for. I think that is probably especially true in this space. Can you elaborate more as to why opti coat pro plus? Does it have to do with longevity of the coat, optics, etc.? I know the 9H has a lifetime warranty and pro plus is 7 years. Does that really matter? Thanks!

Jason@FreshStartDetail

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
Yes, I think your right that you often get what you pay for. I think that is probably especially true in this space. Can you elaborate more as to why opti coat pro plus? Does it have to do with longevity of the coat, optics, etc.? I know the 9H has a lifetime warranty and pro plus is 7 years. Does that really matter? Thanks!
A few points...
* Look into what CP will require you to do to maintain that lifetime warranty, are they charging you for inspections, re-coating, etc?
* Who is backing up CP's warranty? The company itself, or an independent insurance company? i.e. if CP goes out of business, or just decides to change their business model, what happens to all those warranties?

Ultimately if there's a problem with your coating, you want to be able to trust the installing shop to take care of you, not have to rely on contacting the manufacturer to get a remedy. So yeah, manufacturer's warranties are important, but more important is your trust in your installer. This is why reputation is paramount.

Also remember, any coating is only as good as the person installing it. I'd take a CP coating installed by me over an OCP+ coating installed by someone who isn't Opti-coat Certified and an IDA Certified Detailer with Skills Validated.