Police Cybertrucks

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Curt Renz

Country
Country
That site is paywalled, fyi. Clicking it just shows an ad of what I could be reading if I were a subscriber.
It shows only a free headline, and explains it is there to possibly show why the stock is moving. Nothing more. The ad was for a 14-day FREE trial to subscribe to the Pro version of that magazine.

However, more generally do you object to someone doing work to provide you with information, and then expecting compensation? What is this world coming to? A bunch of takers with few givers? That's not the way this country was built.

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
However, more generally do you object to someone doing work to provide you with information, and then expecting compensation? What is this world coming to? A bunch of takers with few givers? That's not the way this country was built.
Just saving people who were expecting the full article a click. If someone is intent enough on reading it they can always ignore my comment and pay up.

I believe those paywall sites that either clickbait or block the content with a pop-up actually have the opposite effect that they intended. The intent is basically "You clicked, now you're here, so you owe us." They probably lose far more possible subscribers than they realize that way simply because of reflexive anger reaction to it. I'm more in favor of the softer "We'll let you look at this one article because you were probably referred, but after that you need to subscribe."

fritter63

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The police version should include all stainless steel seats and floor so that it can just be hosed out at the end of the day (Ala Tim Allen and his "man bathroom" on Home Improvement).

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The police version should include all stainless steel seats and floor so that it can just be hosed out at the end of the day (Ala Tim Allen and his "man bathroom" on Home Improvement).
Might as well include a stainless prison toilet too

(Wow... might have just found Cybertruck design inspiration!)