Plasti dippers: Has anyone tried to Plasti dip their wooden trim?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

plasmo

Country
Country
Just curious if anyone has ever tried to Plasti dip their wooden trim to a different color.
Other than properly masking the surrounding areas, it seems like it shouldn't be too difficult to do.
It would make sense to remove the wooden trim from the car, but was also wondering if it could be done intact (with a lot of masking and draping of course).

Compared to other options (removing the trim then painting vs. wrapping), could dipping be a more simple option?
Plus if you get bored of the color, you can peel it off...

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
since the wood is not sealed, plastidip would not be removable (like it is on non-porous surfaces)
Yep, that would be my worry. You'd probably want to put a coat of lacquer or some other kind of sealant on the wood before trying to plastidip it.

Jayc

Country
Country
Pay for premium interior and desperately try to make it look different. I don't see the point.
Tesla should consider offering the standard interior.

mishakim

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Pay for premium interior and desperately try to make it look different. I don't see the point.
Tesla should consider offering the standard interior.
well, we can't pick and choose which parts of the premium interior we get, so some people like the wood and not the piano black plastic, and others the opposite, or want the seats and headliner but not the wood, etc.