Placed AWD (non Performance) order with referral code, then upgraded to Performance. Does referral s

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hi guys
In early Aug I placed an order for the regula AWD version (non Performance) using my friend's referral link. Then later on I upgraded to Performance.
The question is - given that my original order, placed using a referral link, was not eligible for any referral benefits, does that mean that the referral code was not "saved" to my order at all? In other words, would the referral code be applied automatically given that I upgraded to Performance or I need to place a new order and re-start the waiting?

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I went through this, you need to cancel the original order and reorder with your friends referral code. It will take 2 -4 weeks for the cancellation and refund of your deposit to apply. Sucks but its an easy process, just call your local Service Center and they can get it done for you. Hope this helps!

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh that sucks!!! So after upgrading to Performance the referral code is gone and they can't put it back???
No I take it back, since your are using the same referral code you should be good. I switched codes to someone else so I had to cancel. I think your fine