Pittsburgh North getting a second Supercharger location!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla Pittsburgh just posted an article about a possible second supercharger location north of Pittsburgh.

I think that "confirmed" is too strong of a word. Tesla's supercharger map doesn't show this location. And there were no uninstalled superchargers to be seen at the construction site. This location is less than 8 miles from the existing supercharger location. So, there are some facts against this being a new supercharger location.

Now that I've listed the "evidence against", I must say that I believe Tesla Pittsburgh is correct. The article presents some good evidence. First, this is at a brand new Sheetz location, and we've already seen reports that Tesla was in talks with Sheetz to add superchargers to Sheetz locations. Second, there is a lot of big fat conduit on-site, along with two large cabinets, which look very similar to the rectifier cabinets at other supercharger locations. Click through the article link at the top to see all of the pretty pictures.

On the map below, Pittsburgh is at the bottom, and the existing Cranberry supercharger location is marked by a red pin at the top. The new supercharger location is marked by the small red dot with a big red circle around it.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Any idea where the new Supercharger will be located that’s listed on Tesla’s website or if work has begun? Driving there in October. Hoping to have a close place to charge in the Cultural District area.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Any idea where the new Supercharger will be located that’s listed on Tesla’s website or if work has begun? Driving there in October. Hoping to have a close place to charge in the Cultural District area.
No, I haven't been able to find any information about that new location. I'm guessing that it's not going to actually open in 2018, like they say on the supercharger map.

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It is weird that Franklin Park is so close to Cranberry, though Cranberry is not in an ideal location with just a couple restaurants nearby. I think they could use one in Monroeville or better yet Robinson.