Pittsburgh Area: Where to get car inspected

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla does not have the cars inspected before delivery, so it's necessary to get your new Tesla inspected within the first ten days.

Since many shops are unfamiliar with Teslas, and I didn't want to trust my new car with just anybody, I asked someone at the delivery center in Wexford if they had a shop that they could recommend.

They recommended the Firestone in Cranberry Township, just three miles north of the delivery center, and said that they handle a lot of Teslas. I took mine there, and the service manager asked for my card (not key), and said that they handle a lot of Teslas (but admitted that this was just the second 3 that he had personally handled). Everything went well, so I feel good about sharing this recommendation.

Firestone Complete Auto Care
20030 Route 19
Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
website
map

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Thank you for the tip. I definitely would like to go somewhere that they know the basics of how to deal with a Tesla. I’ll try them out.

Caulin

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I went to my long term car mechanic. They hired someone new last year that I don’t care for. He insisted that I still had to pay for emissions and put an ugly emissions sticker on my windshield. I removed it the next day and as I was walking through the door 24 hours later, he already had my $20 in hand