Picked up 4178 yesterday in Atlanta.

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Bryan@Peachstate Detail

TOO Advertiser
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
Picked up "Lil' Sweet Cherry" at Decatur, GA delivery center yesterday.

AP started working approx 40 miles into my drive back home.

Paint needs a full correction.

Then off to Derek Johnson of www.atlantaprotectivefilms.com for full car Suntek (front bumper cover Xpel ultimate). Josh Soufastai at the same location to tint all glass and apply clearplex to windshield.

Then I'll apply OptiCoat Pro Plus to all the film.

For now an Opticoat No Rinse and Optimum Hyper Seal.

Attachments

PTC Gator

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I was waiting to see this, Gratz!
Looking forward to talking to you about those vendors and their products. I'm especially interested in the windshield treatment. Let us know when she's(?) ready for public viewing.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
Congrats Bryan!

How many do you think have taken delivery here in Georgia now? I have to admit, your needing full paint correction has me a bit concerned. What did you notice?

Dan
Wondering if it’s paint ‘correction’, or ‘protection’?

Bryan@Peachstate Detail

TOO Advertiser
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
It needs paint CORRECTION and I will get paint protection after.

EDIT: I elected NOT to get any detailing from the delivery center, just a wash.

Its the usual Tesla paint defects from the factory. Swirls and some sanding marks which are very common on the MX/MS.

From what I've seen and heard, I'd estimate they are delivering 15 a day at least for the first 3 days (Monday to Wednesday) I also saw what seemed to be 10-15 more that arrived on my delivery day out front. That does not include 3s behind the store, which were reported at 40-50 earlier in the week.

Last edited:

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
It needs paint CORRECTION and I will get paint protection after.

Its the usual Tesla paint defects from the factory. Swirls and some sanding marks which are very common on the MX/MS.

From what I've seen and heard, I'd estimate they are delivering 15 a day at least for the first 3 days (Monday to Wednesday) I also saw what seemed to be 10-15 more that arrived on my delivery day out front. That does not include 3s behind the store, which were reported at 40-50 earlier in the week.
Sorry about the paint issues but thrilled to hear the delivery numbers! Pretty soon Model 3s will be downright commonplace on the highways around here!

Dan

Country
Country
For those that live in areas with rough roads, you may want to wait for air suspension. While the Model 3 has a very tight suspension and wonderful handling, the firmness of the suspension is very noticeable on rough roads.
This is making me nervous. Any Atlanta owners with a 3 interested in a meetup to show others in the area and allow some short test drives? I would love to see one and drive it in person before ordering. Would pay for the capability to do so as well.

Country
Country
Yes would be awesome if an owner were gracious enough to show off their M3 to salivating non-owner reservation holder from morning of 3/31/16. I really want to just sit in one before ordering and hoping to not have to go to Miami since that is closest showroom at this point.

Country
Country
Picked up "Lil' Sweet Cherry" at Decatur, GA delivery center yesterday.

AP started working approx 40 miles into my drive back home.

Paint needs a full correction.

Then off to Derek Johnson of www.atlantaprotectivefilms.com for full car Suntek (front bumper cover Xpel ultimate). Josh Soufastai at the same location to tint all glass and apply clearplex to windshield.

Then I'll apply OptiCoat Pro Plus to all the film.

For now an Opticoat No Rinse and Optimum Hyper Seal.

Country
Country
Nice! Are you planning to leave aero wheels on or take off? What do they lol like in person? Afraid they look cheap if plastic and just pop off, but don’t love sport wheels either. Any way tou’d Show off your new ride and I’d be interested in services you can provide when mine is ordered and delivered. I’m thinking about 3M film application over chrome accents if I go black with aero.

Bryan@Peachstate Detail

TOO Advertiser
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
We drove Cherry to the north side of Atlanta yesterday. 132 miles round trip.

It was raining most of the time, Auto wipers seemed to work really well, but the blades started chattering after extended wiper blade use. This could be because I have a sealant on the glass and paint for now, till I get the paint correction, PPF and coating done. I will polish the glass and clean the blades with IPA and update in the future.

AP worked really well, south of the airport on the way home I was 80 with AP in the rain which was heavy at times. (I have a lot of AP experience as we have 43k miles on our AP1 Model X)

AP also worked very well in the fun Atlanta stop and go traffic. (Always pay attention when using AP, I can't stress this enough) One time AP did get confused and I immediately took over. After you get experience with AP, you will learn when "George is trying to kill you." ;) Construction zones and when the lines on the interstate are old or have been redone in construction zones are a few examples when its time to take over.

The Model 3 handles very well and has ample acceleration. As I stated in the past you feel the tight suspension on rougher roads. Yesterday it didn't seem to bother me at all.

I have an what I consider excessive air leak at the drivers side window. It appears Cherry might go in for service this week to have that looked it.

The screen is super fast compared to our MX screen when zooming in/out on areas of traffic.

I'll try to update with more thoughts in the future.