I created a video showcasing a quick overview of Phone Key but here are my thoughts:
Phone: iPhone 7 Plus (iOS 11)
- Works 99% of the time.
- Tesla App doesn't have to be open (or even running in the background)
- Battery Life Remains the Same
- Works when phone and/or car lacks cellphone coverage
- Multiple Driver Support (Multiple Phones)
- If you have multiple Tesla's, the Model 3 has to be selected when you exit the app.
- At home, my phone comes in and out of range constantly waking up the car...resulting in the car to make strange sounds.
- Ability to disable Phone-Key in certain locations (i.e at home) so the car doesn't constantly wake up.
- Ability to automatically select driver's profile based on the phone-key detected.
- Eliminate the issue of having to select the Model 3 when exiting the Tesla App (if one owns multiple Tesla's).