Phone gets me in but won’t start car

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Nom

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So for the past 36 hours or so my phone unlocks the car automatically no problem but the car requires me to use the key car on center drink holder area to get moving.

Connects fine for Bluetooth streaming on music and calling and texting.

What is going on? Advice?

I tried the reboot (with brake), didn’t fix it.

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Long story is bluetooth, the protocol is somewhat sound. Bluetooth, the implementation in most phones is hot garbage since there is software involved. It crashes ...but only sorta...or has a misconfigured bit somewhere, and you get weird behaviour. Off and on again is usually the cure. I like using airplane mode on then off to tweak the bluetooth modem power without rebooting the whole phone.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Long story is bluetooth, the protocol is somewhat sound. Bluetooth, the implementation in most phones is hot garbage since there is software involved.
I just wanted to emphasize this. Great summary, Frully! :)

And it's not just the software that's to blame. A lot of phones have buggy radio chips (that handle all the wireless protocols, like WiFi, Bluetooth, LTE, 3G, etc.). Newer phones tend to have less-buggy hardware, but nothing is ever bug-free.

Jason Krellner

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got so sick of the delay when walking up to the car and trying to open a door - seeing the screen say to use the keycard and standing there like a dummy waiting for my car to let me in. Got the new keyfob (with passive entry) and it's a thing of the past now. Instantly recognizes me and lets me in. Have since removed my "phone as key" and haven't looked back.

I know a lot of M3 owners are anti-keyfob, but it's been a spectacular addition to my pocket!