phone call quality

Milo

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
When I make a call to others, sometimes they hear me really well, while other times they tell me there is an echo of their own voice that is so annoying that they need to hang up. Has happened with both my Android and my wife's iPhone. This is intermittent.

Did the thumbwheel reboot, with success once or twice and no improvement once or twice. Anyone else have this issue?

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Phone call quality is generally an issue in all Tesla's, I have the same problem in my X. Bjorn Nyland did a test and suggests using a Plantronics headset if you're going to make frequent calls:

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My wife complains about this every call

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
When I make a call to others, sometimes they hear me really well, while other times they tell me there is an echo of their own voice that is so annoying that they need to hang up. Has happened with both my Android and my wife's iPhone. This is intermittent.

Did the thumbwheel reboot, with success once or twice and no improvement once or twice. Anyone else have this issue?
What is the thumbwheel reboot? Did not find it via search

Nikola

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We're having the same issue. I haven't found any tips or discussion on how to resolve this yet. It makes the handsfree option unusable.

Point 3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That is exactly what I am experiencing, sounds fine on my end but the other party hears an echo of their own voice.

NEO

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The only thing that has helped with the echo situation is to turn down the volume of the speakers. I would love for it to be fixed so I don't have to be completely quite to hear the person on the other end. I don't have the best hearing

scaots

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had a call when I wasn't driving and they said it was fine, still sounds like a speakerphone, but no problem. Maybe it has something to do with trying to cancel out road or wind noise.

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What is the thumbwheel reboot? Did not find it via search
Hold in both scroll wheels on the steering wheel until the screen goes black and displays the Tesla logo. I believe that's what was meant by "thumbwheel reboot."

wawam3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sounds pretty common
How do we get this fixed?
I use airpods for now ...hopefully they have a fix for that...and also a command issue of music and navigation volume comes up at the same time. I think the way it should work is when the navigation comes up then the music fades away.

scaots

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
BT phone connection is still terrible for me. It is back to not connecting often and today even disconnected while in use playing a podcast (I don't use built in because I have a list and playback speed increased and save my position). Really bad when I can't even use it for an echoing call. Sometimes my phone thinks it is connected but car sits there and searches even if I go to the list and tell it to connect to my phone. Sometimes it only connects for either phone or media instead of both.

I should add that I had tons of issues today and I had just restarted my phone and I never have issues with any other BT device and I use a lot of different BT audio devices and until recently three other vehicles.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Seems I'm the odd one out here. Never have Bluetooth issues with my Pixel 2, either phone call or streaming from the phone.

Pfosse

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Yes

fsKotte

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was email-conversing with a service rep from Dublin, CA Tesla SC just today, and she said: "If you have issues with Bluetooth please ensure that all other Bluetooth devices (in the car) are switched to airplane mode (whether in use or not). This may help."

I wrote back and asked her if she was suggesting that if anyone rides in my car with me, I have to ask them to switch their phones/watches/etc to "airplane mode"? That's a little ridiculous, now, innit? So this might happen:

"Welcome to my Model 3! Come inside, have a seat, marvel at the state-of-the-art electronics and user interface, the amazing power and acceleration of the electric motor. Nothing is more modern or up-to-date! Oh, uh . . . . . . and also, put all of your phones on airplane mode while you're in the car. Otherwise I can't really use the hands-free in the car."

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country