Phone Account Requires Re-Login

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Data point: two phones on our account, and I was prompted to re-enter credentials a couple of days ago.

Possibly related, possibly not: one thing I've noticed when providing TeslaFi with a manually-generated Auth token is that the refresh token doesn't always work (ie when my token expires I sometimes have to manually generate a new one). This could be an issue with TeslaFi's handling of the refresh token, or it could be an issue with Tesla's implementation of refresh tokens. Or it could be gremlins, accountable to no one and inexplicable to everyone.

Vendacious

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have two phones on my account, both Android. I have to re-authenticate both pretty regularly, maybe once every 6-8 weeks.

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It happens occasionally, maybe every couple months. I always assumed it was after an app update. Never really paid attention to it. I started using FaceID for the Tesla app about a month ago and haven't been asked to login since. No idea whether thats correlation or causation. For any other app I use a password manager and have iOS set up to use it so I never have to type passwords. Mine are always complex passwords as well.

It's not really a problem. The only issue is that if I'm not logged in (and I don't really have a way of knowing that I'm not without trying it), I don't get notifications of software updates available and such.