Performance owners poll: Free Lifetime Supercharging? $5000 discount?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Which would you choose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

msjulie

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nope, no desire for the money actually - just a sign of fairness vis-a-vis the other groups who had their "pockets lined."
Ditto though I might replace 'pockets lined' with something else .. but year, fair/equal treatment is the big bit here.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Extended Service Plan.
Oh, I have no desire for that. I would be super happy with "Track Mode" on my stealth P3D. I paid for a performance model for the binned motors and got an AWD with Performance software. I didn't want the lowered suspension because I drive in a lot of winter storms which is why I didn't go whole hog and get the Performance Upgrade Package. I figured I could always buy whatever wheels/brakes I wanted later if needed. So I don't appreciate being held back from track mode software.

But no, I don't want a rebate, the price was set when I signed the purchase agreement. The only thing Tesla did wrong here was to treat Performance Models without the Performance Upgrade Package as if they were not actually Performance models.

Alighieri256

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh, I have no desire for that. I would be super happy with "Track Mode" on my stealth P3D. I paid for a performance model for the binned motors and got an AWD with Performance software. I didn't want the lowered suspension because I drive in a lot of winter storms which is why I didn't go whole hog and get the Performance Upgrade Package. I figured I could always buy whatever wheels/brakes I wanted later if needed. So I don't appreciate being held back from track mode software.

But no, I don't want a rebate, the price was set when I signed the purchase agreement. The only thing Tesla did wrong here was to treat Performance Models without the Performance Upgrade Package as if they were not actually Performance models.
I offered them an out that would have cost them next to nothing, and they declined.

RoyW

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I agree. Perception of fairness is the biggest thing here...
Exactly! Somebody on the other thread said that psychologically, all things being held equal, we are wired more for fairness than personal gain.
That's even true of monkeys btw, so I'm not up on any high horse about it... :)
Tesla, are you listening?! Are you there? Hope you're not planning another sneaky 7% price change... o_O

This is why I attach this whenever I can...

It ALWAYS makes me laugh...

RoyW

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I offered them an out that would have cost them next to nothing, and they declined.
Same here. I put a cheap-for-them compromise solution on the table. "FUSC-off" was the response. Since then, ignored...
I won't speculate on what is going on inside Tesla, but from the outside it looks...... well, let's just say not good. :confused:

PS: See below - the poster called garsh has some kind of deleting power. He just deleted my last post. So.... Bye bye forum... All the best.
PPS: He just nullified all my reply privileges too - and he is selectively deleting stuff from already posted items! Wow! (Hope someone can read this before it gets deleted!)

Last edited:

Dale Gardner

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not supposed to state my opinion? I thought that's what these things are for. Just my opinion folks. Tesla doesn't seem to care, why should you? :)
You on the other hand just speak for Tesla, or know what's best for Tesla? Not your opinion, just corporate mind-reading?
Btw, I like to respond to both those that agree and those that don't. (I'm much more active on this thread: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/performance-upgrade-price-change.133264/page-119
I want Tesla to simply do better. They messed up. It's not that hard to fix.
If a little forum newbie like me can do any damage to good Tesla, then clearly they have some work to do on the customer fairness front.

Tesla is the best of the good guys? Absolutely! But that doesn't mean they can do no wrong.
Diesel scandal? Much worse, and VW got hammered for it. (obvious, no?)
Nope, no desire for the money actually - just a sign of fairness vis-a-vis the other groups who had their "pockets lined."
There is stating your opinion, and then there is overstating it. If this were an Amazon product, a bunch of people have submitted their review, perhaps averaging 3-4 stars. Then you came in and submitted 8 one-star reviews, because your opinion matters more than others. My review would be a 5-star, because I don't think Tesla was obligated to offer a refund. Therefore, I consider even a confused or delayed refund process with stipulations to be an excellent response. Any other car dealership would almost assuredly tell you to take a hike if you asked for a post-purchase price match. :rolleyes:

I've yet to hear a cogent argument that Tesla violated any law, acted against the common good, evaded any accepted industry standards, or treated customers unfairly.

I implore anyone to look beyond the Tesla bubble and consider the car dealership industry in general. Pricing fluctuates for any given car day-to-day and encounter-to-encounter. Depending on a whole host of factors including:
  • whether you are eligible for some discount group/program
  • if you are a conquest target from another make of vehicle
  • negotiating tactics
  • if you are a family member of an employee for the manufacturer or one of its suppliers
  • your looks and demeanor
  • the tone of your voice
  • your aggression level
  • the color of your skin
  • your gender
  • what incentives happen to be active at the time (and those change regularly, by thousands of dollars as well)
You could walk into a dealership and end up paying $27,000 for a particular car. But a nice old grandma comes in and her final price for that same car rounds out to $33,000. And while other manufacturers may not necessarily change their MSRP within the same model year, they will put out incentives and dealer kickbacks that do essentially the very same thing. I've seen incentives for certain models go from $0.5k to $7.5k. And you can bet that any customers who purchased just before the $7.5k incentive, received zero refund/compensation. Tesla is veritably, and technically, much more fair than the rest of the industry.

Last edited:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The discussion of the fairness of what Tesla has done has run its course.
People's opinions on this differ, and that's fine. At this point, it doesn't sound like anybody's minds are going to be changed on this matter.

From this point on, any posts continuing to discuss "fairness" will be deleted with a warning.
If you try to post an opinion on the matter a second time, then I'll probably revoke your posting privileges within this thread.

Have a nice day. :)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Pardon the pun here, garsh, but in all fairness, a forum is, by definition, a public meeting place for open discussion. Emphasis on open. Moderating out civil discourse because you are tired of it and think that it is exhausted is counter to this.

I have yet to weigh in on the discussion of fairness, so am I also precluded? Is it not possible that someone who has or has not yet weighed in may have something insightful which will turn the course and mind of one or more participants? Thereby nullifying your assertion that no ones minds are going to be changed on this matter? Deleting things because you are sick of reading it is not moderating, its censorship.

This is just the humble opinion of someone who has been contributing to automotive forums since their advent, but the quickest way to chase people to another forum is heavy and inappropriate use of the DELETE button by moderators. But it is your advertising income at stake here, so do what you will.

If you ask me, your post is the only important post on fairness, for it clearly is not, by definition fair. Whether Tesla's treatment of P3D+ and P3D- owners is fair is surely a matter of debate.

Fair is synonymous with nice. And nice is usually fair.

Have a fair day. :)

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Moderating out civil discourse because you are tired of it and think that it is exhausted is counter to this.
The problem is that the discussion was becoming uncivil. As you can see if you read back through the thread, there are still several pages of discussion on the topic. The majority of posts have not been removed. But the topic is contentious and people are starting to attack one another.

Perhaps I should have just locked the thread. I was hoping it could get back on the original topic - which choice to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.