Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Performance orders still waiting...

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  mmarmon 
#1 ·
Anyone else on the waiting list for a Performance Model 3?

I heard through the grapevine that China was priority for Tesla up until a few days ago and production is shifting to North America until the end of the month (end of quarter). Getting lots of reports some have been waiting for over a month on P3Ds

#7 ·
Just stay on top of you’re sales people. I have a VIN, delivery date is set for the 24th, truck is expected tomorrow and they’re going to try and expedite the prep and delivery but I’m not confident it will happen any sooner.

#8 ·
Ordered a LR dual motor on October 3rd. At the time the website was saying 2-3 weeks. Still waiting for a VIN to be assigned and just got an email yesterday saying it will now be 6-10 weeks. Still not impressed at all with the ordering experience and the communication is garbage, just as it was a year ago when I ordered my first 3. Nobody knows anything and it's impossible to get a response from anyone. Thought that it would be better this time around, but no such luck. They're lucky their cars are so awesome, because any other company would go bankrupt with this type of customer service on such an expensive product.

#9 ·
Well, here we are at the start of another quarter and that means production has shifted to Europe and Asia. I was in the same predicament when I ordered in early August and got my car 7 weeks later. Seems Tesla has so much pent up demand in those areas that North American production tends to be the last month of the quarter. I hope you get your car soon but logistics is against them until GF3 comes online. Once that does that should smooth things out for us here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.