Performance Model 3 VINs

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

First Performance VIN Issued Date

• Mon-Thurs 7/16-7/19

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • Fri-Sun 7/20-7/22

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Mon-Thurs 7/23-7/26

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Fri-Sun 7/27-7/29

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Mon 7/30 or later

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Hungarian

Resident M3OC Wheel/Tire Guru
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After an anxiety-inducing hiccup with the payment portal on the MyTesla page (I'll tell the story on the next podcast) this morning, I had a great delivery of VIN 554xx yesterday! A few little things they mostly took care of. My right headlight isn't flush on the bottom side (towards the ground), they looked at it and called it "within spec" but said I could take it to a service center later. I'll honestly probably stop caring about it after a day or two.

Fremont ran way behind and there was a part they were swapping on my car at the last second, so double combo delay for me, but everyone was super nice, fellow customers waiting for delivery were great to chat with, and since it was delivered with half a charge, we went over to the Factory to Supercharge up to about 80% or so. The Sport launch felt pretty great after that -- even with 3 adults and a 7-year-old in the car. :D

I'm obviously biased to what I ordered but HOLY CRAP the white interior is amazing, IMO. My car JUMPED out in the parking lot amongst all the others. I love the interior!! The white door infill panel is the same vegan synthetic material as the seats, vs. the (also awesome) black alcantara in that spot in the black interior cars. I like the smooth, ceramic-looking white dashboard trim piece too. I'm pleased to present (shout-out to fellow Pixar's Up fans), "The Spirit of Adventure"! Just recorded a bonus episode of my podcast if you'd like to hear my full story. Cheers all!
View attachment 12430
Congrats once again!
Epic story telling in that bonus episode, soul food for all of us out here still waiting. And you're not alone to want to have that opportunity to give the "speech", I had that very same thought!

Last edited:

JeffC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After an anxiety-inducing hiccup with the payment portal on the MyTesla page (I'll tell the story on the next podcast) this morning, I had a great delivery of VIN 554xx yesterday! A few little things they mostly took care of. My right headlight isn't flush on the bottom side (towards the ground), they looked at it and called it "within spec" but said I could take it to a service center later. I'll honestly probably stop caring about it after a day or two.

Fremont ran way behind and there was a part they were swapping on my car at the last second, so double combo delay for me, but everyone was super nice, fellow customers waiting for delivery were great to chat with, and since it was delivered with half a charge, we went over to the Factory to Supercharge up to about 80% or so. The Sport launch felt pretty great after that -- even with 3 adults and a 7-year-old in the car. :D

I'm obviously biased to what I ordered but HOLY CRAP the white interior is amazing, IMO. My car JUMPED out in the parking lot amongst all the others. I love the interior!! The white door infill panel is the same vegan synthetic material as the seats, vs. the (also awesome) black alcantara in that spot in the black interior cars. I like the smooth, ceramic-looking white dashboard trim piece too. I'm pleased to present (shout-out to fellow Pixar's Up fans), "The Spirit of Adventure"! Just recorded a bonus episode of my podcast if you'd like to hear my full story. Cheers all!
View attachment 12430
Hey Ryan,
Regarding the headlights sticking up into the wind a couple millimeters, after seeing that on multiple Model 3s, I'm starting to think it could be by design as an aerodynamic aid, sort of like the pointy headlamps on Leafs. If so, this could be what's called a "vortex generator" to help direct and shape the airflow over the front of the car. That's the function on the Leaf, for example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortex_generator

Also, the inside edge of the Model 3 headlamp looks somewhat like half of a reversed NACA duct oriented along the local airflow. NACA duct shapes work by generating a vortex. The purpose of a vortex generator at the headlight position may be to direct the airflow over the hood and over the fender towards the side of the car and to keep the airflow attached better at the side of the car.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NACA_duct

The crease on the rear fender of Model 3 (and to a lesser extent Model S) may also be a vortex generator to help keep the airflow attached better at the back of the car.

(Every longitudinal crease on Model 3 (and many other well designed cars) is probably a vortex generator and is likely there for highly specific aerodynamic purposes. And they also integrate into the overall airflow around the car.)

Last edited:

lascavarian

Country
Country
Hi All,

So just got an email with my VIN for a FSD Performance 3, 73XXX for what it is worth. Arriving 8/6 on the east coast.

One quick question, I downloaded the Tesla smartphone app and it asks for a login password right away. Is that supposed to be a new password or is it supposed to be the Tesla Account password? Not much explanation. Any help appreciated on this simple question.

Spiffywerks

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi All,

So just got an email with my VIN for a FSD Performance 3, 73XXX for what it is worth. Arriving 8/6 on the east coast.

One quick question, I downloaded the Tesla smartphone app and it asks for a login password right away. Is that supposed to be a new password or is it supposed to be the Tesla Account password? Not much explanation. Any help appreciated on this simple question.
Congrats!

To answer your App question: Your Tesla.com account.

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hi All,

@lascavarian,

Please update Troys Spreadsheet! Also what specs on your 3? (i.e. interior, ext colors...etc)

Ski

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Thanks very much for the quick reply. I am getting that message about "no products linked with your Tesla account" so that probably means it is working but needs to be activated by Tesla at pickup. Thanks again!
Yeah won’t link till at pick up, possibly a while later too.
Otherwise what’s your info? Reservation, order, full build?

lascavarian

Country
Country
Ok I will look around for Troy's spreadsheat. Just got the simple Performance package in Silver Metallic. Black interior & 18" wheels. Very interested in the FSD so got that. I would really like a tow package someday and I wanted the highest clearance and not the lowered body and low profile tires. My logic was that I wanted the better tested propulsion units and electronics that probably come with the performance package. It is still a little undefined it seems.

Have had a plug-in hybrid for about 5 years so not new to EV charging and such but new to Tesla. Ordered on first day sight unseen. Waited for AWD. Invite May 26th, upgraded to simple Performance version the day it came out. Pricey but I wanted to support Tesla in a quarter where a lot was at stake. Working with my ISA was pretty good and helpful getting past some rocky spots. Very very happy with the free super charging and free data plan I ended up with. What an interesting community and company!

lascavarian

Country
Country
Regarding the spreadsheet, I can't enter data there without logging in and I had to leave Google after they changed their terms and conditions a few years ago.

edittman1

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I didn’t know you could elect out of the 20” wheels even... not that I would.

As soon as mine comes I might offer to sell them and replace with some 22” or 20” aftermarket somethings in black or gunmetal.

Sucks waiting.

JeffC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I didn’t know you could elect out of the 20” wheels even... not that I would.

As soon as mine comes I might offer to sell them and replace with some 22” or 20” aftermarket somethings in black or gunmetal.

Sucks waiting.
Are you trying to optimize for appearance or performance? Lighter, smaller racing wheels may perform better than larger wheels.

Mayhem

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
atob Trick no longer works on my account this AM.... Looks like they got rid of the encoded VIN..... Anyone else? :(

lascavarian

Country
Country
NewI didn’t know you could elect out of the 20” wheels even... not that I would.
If you are referencing my comments, when I configured I did not opt for the upgraded option package for $5k. I figured I could add these later if I really felt I needed them (might cost more). The low profile tires that are included in that $5k package are not that great for rough conditions imo. So my configuration will look exactly like a LR non-performance model 3 save for the badging.

I “think” that the production numbers of model 3 units being produced will stimulate the growth of a rich supporting infrastructure of 3rd party vendors with lots of great accessories for tuning the model 3. A very good thing.

But I strongly encourage reservation holders to load up your configuration as you would personally like it. Tesla prices things rationally for the model 3 imo.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
atob Trick no longer works on my account this AM.... Looks like they got rid of the encoded VIN..... Anyone else? :(
Yup, new release of MyTesla was published last night. EncodedVin is no longer there.

John A Bailey

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got mine. Perf M3 white interior
Florida, Current Model S owner
VIN 5YJ3E.......055154

Delivery set for Aug 13 in JAX
Cool... I stopped by the delivery center in Jax to see if they had any model 3s to look at and I noticed a P3D+ midnight grey white interior like mine even the VIN is the sa... OMG ...it is mine ! Over a week early. Still needs cleanup and badging. Spent quite awhile looking it over. Fit and finish are 100% perfect!

Last edited by a moderator:

LoboMesa

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Cool... I stopped by the delivery center in Jax to see if they had any model 3s to look at and I noticed a P3D+ midnight grey white interior like mine even the VIN is the sa... OMG ...it is mine ! Over a week early. Still needs cleanup and badging. Spent quite awhile looking it over. Fit and finish are 100% perfect!
Congratulations! I did exactly the same yesterday at the JAX center -- as I drove in, a white P3D driven by a Tesla employee stopped right in front of me, and then drove off into the back. I didn't have a chance to check the VIN, and by the time I got inside the center, all the delivery people were gone for the day. But I called my ISA and learned that my white P3D (the same one maybe?) indeed had already arrived in JAX. She moved my delivery from this Thursday to Monday evening! Can't wait!

That grey is a great color. I agonized over that and white. When I was in NYC back in March, I walked 30 blocks through a snowstorm to visit the Tesla showroom in Manhattan, so I could see a Model 3 in person, and it was midnight grey. I thought for sure I'd get that color, but my wife convinced me on the white. Maybe we'll get a midnight grey Model Y next...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.