Performance Model 3 VINs

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

First Performance VIN Issued Date

• Mon-Thurs 7/16-7/19

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • Fri-Sun 7/20-7/22

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Mon-Thurs 7/23-7/26

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Fri-Sun 7/27-7/29

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Mon 7/30 or later

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alighieri256

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well folks, Tesla likely built 5,000 of something last week. And with around 10,000 AWD VINs now in play, when would you guess we'll see the first VINs assigned to Performance orders?

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
They are currently working on the website for the model 3 ordering page. I’m hoping that that is the precursor to them VIN assigning all P3D and maybe AWD throughout this week.

psohl14

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I still have an "Edit Design" link.
I still have mine as well (P3D ordered 6/27). Apparently clicking the 'Edit Design' button leads to the same very-temporary-looking page as if you try to open the configurator from the main Model 3 page. It seems likely that there's some level of maintenance going on behind the scenes, there's just no way of knowing if it's actually meaningful.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Alighieri256

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I can't believe Business Insider thought this was worthy of an article.
Oh wait, what am I saying. They'll use any excuse to write a negative article about Tesla.
I was gonna say, really? After all those BS articles about Tesla charging an additional $2500, you can't believe it? :)

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I can't believe Business Insider thought this was worthy of an article.
Oh wait, what am I saying. They'll use any excuse to write a negative article about Tesla.
I'll give Linette credit for realizing she needed a new pen name -- "Mark Matousek" sounds like the kind of guy who takes automotive journalism very seriously, immune to distraction from the Vegas party scene and novelty cufflinks...

P.S. The title of this thread gave me a little too much hope... :confused:

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
With respect to the original question, I would be very surprised if this week were to pass without a VIN being assigned to a customer's Performance order, given that the test-drive P3Ds are already en route to their destinations. Thursday or Friday would be my guess for ISA contact (and behind-the-scenes VIN assignment date), with deliveries starting a week later.

c2c

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Edit button? On the “Your delivery profile is complete.” page, i have no edit, except for “edit account details.”
Might be that Tesla knows my wife convinced me that an old codger has no business owning Performance.
My pending RWD Inside Sales Rep (for my wife, July 24) assured me he would bump my Performance back to AWD, but a week later...nothing.
And once that puppy follows me home, I can’t possibly send it back. ;-)

Alighieri256

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
With respect to the original question, I would be very surprised if this week were to pass without a VIN being assigned to a customer's Performance order, given that the test-drive P3Ds are already en route to their destinations. Thursday or Friday would be my guess for ISA contact (and behind-the-scenes VIN assignment date), with deliveries starting a week later.
Couldn't agree more. With deliveries stated to begin in July, we're getting to the point where a VIN has to be assigned to someone, somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.