Performance Brake Pad options

EVTuning

TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Objectively, the most significant improvements for the RB caliper over stock caliper are 1. Improve even wear of pads, due to the dual size pistons. Stock caliper with identical piston will cause uneven wear on the leading side of the pad. There is a thread about extreme uneven wear of pad of stock P3 system after one track day. 2. Quick change and access to pads without removal of the caliper. 3. The right dimensions to support larger diameter and thicker rotor, which increase the thermal capacity of the rotor. This means better durability, consistent performance at the track.

Subjectively, I have not butt tested against other Tesla aftermarket system. However, from my previous BBK experience from Wilwood, AP, and Brembo for other cars, IMHO, RB 380mm setup is right up there with systems of its price range.
I would agree having tried other setups this one has great modulation and bite without any fade. For the money it’s easily on par with the other setups closer to 5k from Brembo AP etc.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Appreciate the feedback, I’m going to be doing a few back to back trackdays in September with stock calipers and rotors with some more aggressive pads as a starting point. Thinking suspension will be the first thing I upgrade and then brakes but this information is very helpful!