Performance Brake Pad options

EVTuning

TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Several people that have taken their Model 3 to a race track have approached me about replacement brake pads.
Now with Consumer Report not awarding a "recommended status" due to brake performance more people have asked me what I have for options to improve the brake performance over and above any firmware update that is in the works.

I have partnered with Stoptech to bring a few different pad options for people that want to upgrade their brake pads but don't want to have to do pad changes at the track. These pads work great for around town and also have better performance on a race track. I also have put together a few options from Hawk Performance.

Take a look HERE.

Scuffers

Country
Country
Those aren't good for regular driving though, correct?
why? they are OEM for Audi and a lot of VAG stuff?

Yes, they make some very specific racing pads, but their main business is OEM, and from personal experience of running their OEM pads as well as racing on their competition stuff, I don't use anybody else's stuff now (even though Padgid cost me more)

EVTuning

TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Those aren't good for regular driving though, correct?
Correct. The ones I listed are for those that want an upgrade from stock that they can then use at the track and daily drive.
Pagid does make good stock replacement pads. I can look into what options are available for these.

When I think of pagid I think of the black or yellow race pads. But they are OEM for many manufacturers. Thanks for the feedback I will see what other options there are.

EVTuning

TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Yea the issue for me is getting setup as a vendor with Pagid so I am not trying to mark up retail pricing from an existing dealer. This way I can get you guys the parts you want at a reasonable price. Customer feedback is really helpful but not always given. I am going to be working on some brake cooling upgrades as well. @Scuffers if you have more feedback feel free to PM me.

Rick Rollens

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Several people that have taken their Model 3 to a race track have approached me about replacement brake pads.
Now with Consumer Report not awarding a "recommended status" due to brake performance more people have asked me what I have for options to improve the brake performance over and above any firmware update that is in the works.

I have partnered with Stoptech to bring a few different pad options for people that want to upgrade their brake pads but don't want to have to do pad changes at the track. These pads work great for around town and also have better performance on a race track. I also have put together a few options from Hawk Performance.

Take a look HERE.
Please excuse my ignorance, but I see you are only selling front brake pads. If I want to purchase front and rear replacement pads from you, how do I proceed? Thx.

EVTuning

TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Please excuse my ignorance, but I see you are only selling front brake pads. If I want to purchase front and rear replacement pads from you, how do I proceed? Thx.
No ignorance at all. I am working on sourcing the rears. I hope to have a solution for rear pads in the next couple of weeks. Where front pads do 80% of the braking they will make the most difference for people doing auto cross and track days.

Rick Rollens

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No ignorance at all. I am working on sourcing the rears. I hope to have a solution for rear pads in the next couple of weeks. Where front pads do 80% of the braking they will make the most difference for people doing auto cross and track days.
Thanks for the prompt response. Count me in when you have the complete set of front and rears available for sale. Please notify me at rollensconsult@aol.com. Thx

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
These look great ,probably looking to upgrade my brakes eventually.

I have posi quiet brake pads on my 89 BMW and have been pretty happy with the low dust and quiet performance blend. Any chance they make a fitment for the model 3?

EVTuning

TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Slowly making some progress on finding out what the rear pad shape is. Hopefully have something soon. In the meantime I've partnered with Mountain Pass Performance. We'll be offering some oversized two piece rotors and caliper relocation brackets to help with heat dissipation on track and those that drive aggressively on the street. They'll also be lighter than stock. .

AGZIGZAG

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just checking if any new brake pad recs for the 18" wheel Model 3. Also, any rotor recommendations? I know Mountain Pass Performance created a brake kit for the 19" wheels but nothing for 18" wheels yet. I see from future posts that you partnered with MPP.

TheMagician

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No dice as of yet. It’s a weird shape.
Hi guys. I’ll be getting a set of the Hawk pads for the front. Any luck on rear pads yet? If not, can’t believe one of the big manufacturers hasn’t stepped up yet, especially considering how many cars will be on the road in the coming year. And Merry Christmas!