Performance and dual motor are happening (per Elon)!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Configurator lets me get through the whole process then says "There was an error processing your order. Please try again." Unhappy here.

Teslar

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I'm a bit confused is the new awd getting a new rear motor and the performance version will keep the current rwd LR motor ?
or is that that both the awd and performance awd will get the same rear motor ?

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm a bit confused is the new awd getting a new rear motor and the performance version will keep the current rwd LR motor ?
or is that that both the awd and performance awd will get the same rear motor ?
Both will get the same rear motor BUT performance will be optimized for higher loads.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As someone waiting on the sidelines for a lease return Tesla Model S, I'm still unclear what Model 3 P buyers are getting for $28,000? Dual motors, $5,000. wheels $1,500, paint color choice $1,000. Black and white interior...guess the white headliner will make sense now. But $20,500 for about a second faster 0-60? What am I missing here?
Bragging rights. It’s no P100DL, but close ‘nuff for half the price.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
And now I've received an email from Tesla inviting me to configure. :D

Congratulations! This was the best possible news I could read while my plane sat on the tarmac awaiting a gate!

Question: since you said you received the email *after* you configured, can you describe how you entered the design studio? Estimator page? "Start Designing" button from My Tesla home?

For whatever it's worth, I still see the old design studio (on mobile at least), even after logging out and logging back in. I do have a later 3/31 reservation (11:30am) so that could be a factor. Anyone else in this boat?

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
It's worth noting that @garsh is neither a Tesla employee nor a current/previous owner, so owner/employee status does not appear to be a factor here.
Question - Since I just got a delay until June, is it possible that we can 'edit' our design and switch to AWD or P?

I dont expect anyone to have an answer for this, but just for discussion sake...

Status
Not open for further replies.