Performance and dual motor are happening (per Elon)!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
SWEET!

Glad to see air suspension decoupled from AWD for now. Less is more.

Cue the speculation on what precisely is entailed by Performance, given that it will apparently be produced in tandem with AWD. How many of the differences will be hardware versus firmware? Will Ludicrous be an option initially?

(Naturally all of this is happening as I'm heading overseas for a week... :eek:)

ETA: I'm also curious as to whether our official Delivery Estimator dates will become a little more specific than "Mid 2018" and "Late 2018" when they update the Design Studio.

Brett

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Damn, I was going to wait for the performance version but I was too impatient to wait for an unknown later date. But now that I know I'll get details at the end of next week, should I try to wait? I've placed an order but not gotten a Vin yet.

If I don't get a Vin before this comes out I'll probably be able to switch if I want. But if I get my Vin before hand probably not. Not sure if I can un-order and go back to the hold my spot option. Maybe if I switch to a popular configuration it will delay my Vin long enough.

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
can we just get our dang regular invites for FIRST production before bringing in more models?!

grrrr
I hear ya. But at least this means that next week people will know how much the AWD and performance models will be and have a better idea of timing. Stinks making decisions without all the information.

PatrickM

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Damn, I was going to wait for the performance version but I was too impatient to wait for an unknown later date. But now that I know I'll get details at the end of next week, should I try to wait? I've placed an order but not gotten a Vin yet.

If I don't get a Vin before this comes out I'll probably be able to switch if I want. But if I get my Vin before hand probably not. Not sure if I can un-order and go back to the hold my spot option. Maybe if I switch to a popular configuration it will delay my Vin long enough.
I don't think you can change it once you place the order - with or without the VIN - from within the website without a phone call. I mean, you can't change the color now on the website after you order, I can't imagine that if you can't change the wheelsize after you order, that they would let you change the drivetrain. But if you call and you don't have a VIN, I would think you could change it if it was available.

All that said, I would assume - even though Elon didn't say it - that it will go similar to before and it will be current roadster/X/S owners first for AWD/Performance followed by everyone else and so I'd figure unless you are a current owner, that it wouldn't allow you to order AWD/Performance until at least mid-July. I would think it will go a bit faster than the original system because their production ramp is higher, but they will also be mixing Canadian and US orders as well as adding in more reservations from people who ordered online... so I'd think a non-owner who is a line-waiter would be looking at ordering in late July or maybe early August for delivery by mid-to-late September. And that's kind of an optimistic scenario in my mind.

nonStopSwagger

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Assuming this does happen next week, will all the people who get new invites after that get a choice of LR or LRAWD?

Or will new invites just be given LR as the only option, until all those in front of them who have deferred have a crack at ordering first?

Last edited:

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Assuming this does happen next week, will all the people who get new invites after that get a choice of LR or LRAWD?

Or will new invites just be given LR as the only option, until all those in front of them who have deferred have a crack at ordering first?
Sure, why not... the'll still prob go in a priority order anyways... employees, owners, non-owner......Canada ;)

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
When he says "enable orders for dual motor AWD" does that mean we have to re-order for the AWD model and cancel our original order for the M3?
That means everyone that clicked “Hold My Place” can now order dual motor (likely in order). It’s anyones guess what happens if you cancel your order.

Status
Not open for further replies.