People Are Surprised How Big Model 3 Is

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

sdmodel3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've had my Model3 since early December yet, neighbors, co-workers, and strangers confuse the car as a Model S. Just this morning a parent at my kids' school was shocked by the size. He's on the waitlist and just assumed it was the S because he was expecting a much smaller looking car. When he sat in it he was even more impressed.

I have never bought a car sight unseen so I was concerned about the size - I really dislike the BMW model 3 because it looks and feels small, which everyone was comparing it to. Model S owners that have sat in the car have said it feels just as comfortable as their car - because they're essentially the same interior seating dimensions.

Anyone else had similar/opposite experience(s)?

Dangermouse

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've had my Model3 since early December yet, neighbors, co-workers, and strangers confuse the car as a Model S. Just this morning a parent at my kids' school was shocked by the size. He's on the waitlist and just assumed it was the S because he was expecting a much smaller looking car. When he sat in it he was even more impressed.

I have never bought a car sight unseen so I was concerned about the size - I really dislike the BMW model 3 because it looks and feels small, which everyone was comparing it to. Model S owners that have sat in the car have said it feels just as comfortable as their car - because they're essentially the same interior seating dimensions.

Totally agree on the BMW 3 series, and you characterized it perfectly - looks and feels small. My first impression of the 3 was that I was pleased with the size from the outside. Always thought the S was just too wide, the 3 is just more my size of a car, especially downtown and for parking.

So far, I am wrong about a very similarly-sized interior, in a car for half the price, would hurt Model S sales.

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I feel like I was hearing very similar comments at all the model 3 meetups I setup. I guess from the outside, I didn't really hear it as much, but on the inside, everyone was raving about how large and open it felt. I've seen lots of Model 3s and even now I still get a little thrown off when I see a model 3, thinking its the Model S from the back. I got used to telling the difference now, but it took me awhile.

sdmodel3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Totally agree on the BMW 3 series, and you characterized it perfectly - looks and feels small. My first impression of the 3 was that I was pleased with the size from the outside. Always thought the S was just too wide, the 3 is just more my size of a car, especially downtown and for parking.

So far, I am wrong about a very similarly-sized interior, in a car for half the price, would hurt Model S sales.
One of the guys that drove in it has an S, X, and just put down a deposit on the Roadster. He said the same thing...just as cool for 1/2 the price...

msjulie

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm in the opposite camp. The 3 is fine, but a 2 door coupe maybe 10% smaller would be really cool... the new Roadster is a bit pricey for a 2+2 for me...