Official Pedestrian warning system retrofits now available !

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

2019Model3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’m paying to have my September 2019 model 3 retrofitted. Two days in a row I surprised pedestrians in my neighborhood. Once by having to beep, which was loud, and once by creeping by, which scared the person. I wish it could be used on-demand, but oh well. The clincher is Boombox, though. Really looking forward to that!

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Update on Middy's update... parts are supposed to be in Tuesday!

More to come...

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Parts are in! Our Tuesday appt is a go!

The replacement of the HVAC pressure and temperature sensors is also going to be done in the same appt, which is causing the service center to have the car for TWO DAYS!

Well, Middy (2020 Model Y) has had some issues with inaccurate temperature in the cabin off and on, so I'm glad this is getting fixed, of course under warranty.

$100 a day Uber credit this time, first time I'm leaving without a loaner, oh well, can't score a loaner every time!

zoor0pa

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have the grill holes, don't have the harness unfortunately. Verified by mobile tech trying to install the retrofit. We pulled up the article stated in the first post of this thread - says SOME vehicles after July 5th - my build date is July 12th. Rats, would have been fun to have boombox.

Reactions: littlD

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Middy's appt went off without a hitch and had the car done in less than a day.

The service center told me I was their first PWS retrofit customer, that turned out to be why the extra time was expected but not needed.

Check out Episode 54 of my podcast for details