Official Pedestrian warning system retrofits now available !

EVmatch: the Airbnb of EV charging.

2019Model3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’m paying to have my September 2019 model 3 retrofitted. Two days in a row I surprised pedestrians in my neighborhood. Once by having to beep, which was loud, and once by creeping by, which scared the person. I wish it could be used on-demand, but oh well. The clincher is Boombox, though. Really looking forward to that!

Reactions: DocScott

littlD

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Update on Middy's update... parts are supposed to be in Tuesday!

More to come...

littlD

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Parts are in! Our Tuesday appt is a go!

The replacement of the HVAC pressure and temperature sensors is also going to be done in the same appt, which is causing the service center to have the car for TWO DAYS!

Well, Middy (2020 Model Y) has had some issues with inaccurate temperature in the cabin off and on, so I'm glad this is getting fixed, of course under warranty.

$100 a day Uber credit this time, first time I'm leaving without a loaner, oh well, can't score a loaner every time!

zoor0pa

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have the grill holes, don't have the harness unfortunately. Verified by mobile tech trying to install the retrofit. We pulled up the article stated in the first post of this thread - says SOME vehicles after July 5th - my build date is July 12th. Rats, would have been fun to have boombox.

Reactions: littlD

littlD

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Middy's appt went off without a hitch and had the car done in less than a day.

The service center told me I was their first PWS retrofit customer, that turned out to be why the extra time was expected but not needed.

Check out Episode 54 of my podcast for details

roger770

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
🚨 BREAKING: Pedestrian warning system speaker retrofits available for certain Model 3s made after July 5 2019 through September 9 2020 as this period represents the timing of when the wiring harness was included but not the speaker (all Model 3s built since early September 2020 have the speaker already installed) . Model Ys built before August 14 2020 also qualify.

I’m told the cost is $200US and must be done via service visit or mobile, not by the user as the car config must be updated by a tech in order for the car to recognize it.

Refer to Tesla SI-21-90-001 when you make an appointment to have it installed for reference.

This allows for use of the new Boombox feature in V10 as well.

(post edited for clarity on time frames and why)
View attachment 38263
Thank you Trevor. I'm tired of people being scared ***less in ballpark parking lots after a baseball game when you come upon them and they've had a bit too much to drink. Getting upset because they lost their car and stepping out in front of me. Pedestrian walking rage is real.

• Agree
Reactions: Madmolecule

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I heard a hybrid with PWS for the first time a couple weeks ago while sitting outside at a restaurant. I couldn’t figure it out at first because it had dealer tags on it but was making the sound that almost sounded like bad brakes. Which gave me the idea of the Tesla should make their sound like brakes that are about to go. That is a familiar warning sign for most people

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
PWS should be a loud voice shouting a variation of "LOOK OUT FOOL" with a setting for voice options to match the current pedestrian demographic.

Reactions: SalisburySam

littlD

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
And all that is possible of course, just record it and save as an MP3 on the memory stick!

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
hmmm, I wonder how much to hire Mr. T? I'd love to sneak that onto my neighbour's model 3 with PWS come April 1.

JasonF

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
PWS should be a loud voice shouting a variation of "LOOK OUT FOOL" with a setting for voice options to match the current pedestrian demographic.

Seriously though, you have to be subtle, because in some jurisdictions having something less subtle will get you pulled over.

On that note, good thing mine doesn't have a PWS, because I might be tempted do do this:

Because if I did that, the first time I used it, I'd get sooo many tickets...

Country
Country
How about screaming, "ON YOUR LEFT," like you are a cyclist. Or in the countries that don't know which side of the road to drive on, replace LEFT with RIGHT, with appropriate translations in other languages. This is much better than "HEY AZZHOLE, GET THE FROOK OUT OF THE WAY!"

• Funny

fritter63

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I received my car late May -19, but it has the wiring and the grille.
Received mine lat may '19, it has the grille at least. Will have to check for the wiring today. Hope it does, cause I'm getting tired of having to do the "Redneck PWS" ...... Windows down, ZZ Top at full volume.

People really are stupid in parking lots

fritter63

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Well, dang it. I just popped the wheel cover open to look and it doesn't look like my may '19 build has the wiring harness at all. Am I missing something?

IMG_1333.JPG