Passenger window goes down on its own

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Same issue for me. 2 week old car, had it happen once. Noticed a few drops of water on passenger seat and sure enough window was down a little bit. Just enough to let a tiny bit of water in. Was heavy wind driven rain the night before. Have had so many issues since taking delivery, I figured it was all related, but I guess this is a specific bug of its own

Burtdog31

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I had same situation a couple of time. Rear windows down for a couple of inches, 3-4 and front passenger door full down. Tesla replace the controler and since that, I went out of the car and when I came back, the side passenger window was fully down... I called Tesla second time and I'm waiting for mobil service repair!

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I was washing my car today when I found the rear driver’s door window down an inch. Thankfully I do the ONR wash otherwise with a hose I would have filled the car with water.

Last edited:

Yama

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Same issue found front passenger was down an inch somehow. Where does Tesla keep list of open bugs/issues?

Qo240

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just came out this morning to find that my driver's side window had completely rolled down at some point overnight. Am in Quebec's eastern townships right now and we had freezing rain, so it was a cold mess all over the driver's area. Needless to say all door handles were frozen shut. Spent about 20mins with the hair dryer. Just brutal. The rubber they used for the Model 3 reminds me of that scene from A Christmas Story where the kind gets his tongue stuck to the metal pole. Literally a single drop off water that's allowed to freeze between the rubber and anything else then acts as a super adhesive. I did apply silicon lubricant to windows and that seemed to have helped there. Very upset though about window rolling itself down!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So maybe mystery solved? After weeks of observation I noticed that it happened when exiting the vehicle. The motion that did it was open door; swing feet to the left; facing towards the rear to exit and then *pushing down on the armrest with my _right_ hand to help myself stand.* The heel of my right hand grazed the window controls depressing them slightly. I also wonder if this action of putting weight on the armrest my sometimes slightly deform the switch assembly causing a roll down. On other cars you would have turned the car off and the windows are non-responsive. Perhaps the windows controls should be disabled when the car is off?

wfalcon

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Took delivery Dec 9..that same night I found my passenger window partially down...it was parked outside, I assumed it was me and forgot about it...That is until I noticed it again and again I doubted myself...That is until today - during a massive winter storm I stepped out to check on my car and sure enough, I found the passenger Side window about 1/4" down...it was down enough to allow the rain to soak my interior...Needless to say I immediately grabbed a towel and began to dry off my seat, door panel, center console, carpet, etc. I'm positive my windows were all rolled up and now I'm positive something else is at play....I reached out to Tesla via email to get an idea of what is next. My car sleeps outside at the moment and so I can't afford to have a funky random window roll down.

PMmodel3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Happened here as well - 4 times, only the passenger front window, thought my passenger leaned on it upon exit, but the last 2 times it happened overnight without a passenger in previously

Jetstreamsky

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The App really needs to be modified to send a notification any time the vehicle is locked and a window is down, apart from weather, clearly this not good for security either.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Happened to me. Rear Passenger window down 4 inches while parked at work. I know it wasn't me since I make sure all windows are up each time I get out of the car.

golded92

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Happened to me today, while i was in the office, and a colleague emailed me--my car is now soaked inside from the rain storm!

Qo240

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
To update everyone, I brought it in for servicing on Jan. 5, my Servicing Statement said the following:

Correction: Window Motor/Regulator Assembly - Front

The following part was replaced:

M3 INTEVA FR LH WINDOW REGULATOR (1096620-00-F)
Was very happy with the service appointment, got an ICE loaner for the day, some crazy Mercedes truck. Was glad to get my 3 back!

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I just had 3 of them go down during freezing rain the other day. I got in the car and didn't notice until I made a turn and I hear water entering the car

MJJ

I was going to make a thread titled “Sleepy Window” but it seems similar to all of this.

Several times recently I notice after leaving work it seems noisy. So reflexively I pull on the window switches. The front passenger window rolls up. Huh? I think. Why was that window open?

Today I had an epiphany. At lunch, I will often sit in the car and eat my ‘bento box.’. Radio, comfy seats, coolness. I sit in the passenger seat because Steering Wheel, and I leave the door ajar because Warm Sun. And after about a half hour, the radio turns off and the screen goes to sleep. Resisting the urge to follow suit, I dawdle a few more minutes, get out, close the door, walk around, and return to work.

I’m wondering if the window-raising business has taken a siesta along with the display. Surely this sub-system could be kept awake and alert to perform its duties?

ChrisHH

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have had the issue happen but usually only after I have used the app to unlock the car. then randomly some time after that, driving or not, a window will go down part way