Question Parking recommendations in NYC?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’m moving to Brooklyn next month and hearing a lot of parking garages in NYC don’t accept Tesla’s due to liability. Anyone have experience or recommendations?

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I wouldn't park any car in a garage that refuses Teslas. It implies that they're certain your car will be damaged, broken into, or stolen, and they don't want to pay for it.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
At least in Manhattan, most garages seem to take my Tesla. I sometimes use PlugShare (www. plugshare.com) to try to choose a garage that has a tesla charger in it, figuring that means they have more experience.

Zek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I live in brooklyn, have never heard about this. Hit me up Ill try to help you find a place. There is a good ios app that I use bestparking .

Nom

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Glad to see this thread. I'm waivering on whether to drive down to Manhattan tomorrow morning. Would get there and park. In my past experience, the garages I've seen there all take your car and then go park it for you. I'd strongly prefer to park the car myself. Haven't gotten comfortable handing off the credit card key.

Do folks have good recommendations on self-parking locations in the vicinity of 59th St (south Central Park)?

Zek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Glad to see this thread. I'm waivering on whether to drive down to Manhattan tomorrow morning. Would get there and park. In my past experience, the garages I've seen there all take your car and then go park it for you. I'd strongly prefer to park the car myself. Haven't gotten comfortable handing off the credit card key.

Do folks have good recommendations on self-parking locations in the vicinity of 59th St (south Central Park)?
Yes sir! See attached
Bestparking app has filters for that stuff! $19 for Saturday.

Attachments

Zek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@Zak - you rock. Thanks. I will get that app!
I think you have to reserve the spot via the app in order to get that deal. $19 is supper cheap for Saturday - very likely the ev charging will be taken.

Nom

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@Zak - I didn't reserve as I was flip flopping on going. Ended up going ... the app worked great. Thanks for the recommendation! Will come in handy in the future. I should have figured there would be an app like that.