Paint Texture Satisfactory? (Midnight Silver or other)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

96s46p

Country
Country
How satisfied is everyone with paint texture? I have a 37xxx Vin and paint is a bit orange peel-y, trunk seems to be the worst. Just wondering on general opinions for midnight silver especially and other colors too.

Also what are your experiences with paint correction after delivery? What is Tesla willing to do and is it worth it for small issues like light scratches, grit, dimples/pits, etc.

Thanks!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How satisfied is everyone with paint texture? I have a 37xxx Vin and paint is a bit orange peel-y, trunk seems to be the worst.
All car paint is orange-peely to some extent. If you want to get rid of that, you need a LOT more than a simple paint correction. Hopefully it's not too bad.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My car had to go back for a paint blemish on the trunk and a scratch by the hood “T”, but otherwise I’m very happy with the Midnight Silver paint (VIN 5950).

96s46p

Country
Country
Thanks for your feedback. I will try to stare at some other cars and see how it compares. There are only a few spots where the texture can be slightly felt. Otherwise it is slightly distorted reflection. My previous black vw had very little orange peel and was a pretty clear reflection.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How satisfied is everyone with paint texture? I have a 37xxx Vin and paint is a bit orange peel-y, trunk seems to be the worst. Just wondering on general opinions for midnight silver especially and other colors too.

Also what are your experiences with paint correction after delivery? What is Tesla willing to do and is it worth it for small issues like light scratches, grit, dimples/pits, etc.

Thanks!
My MSM to be delivered 7/16 is also VIN 37xxx. We’re probably from the same batch!

Chris350

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Very pleased with MSM on VIN 23820, built May 25, last day before the May shut down. Have been over it with a fine tooth comb.
Well, that makes me feel good!

Picking up MSM (VIN 258xx) this week (7/12) here on the East Coast.

Here's hoping it's as solid as yours!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just picked up our Deep Blue Metallic car last week and washed/waxed it over the weekend. I didn't notice much orange peel anywhere on the car and thought the paint was pretty smooth. It had a couple small blemishes (and some grease pen marks on the front spoiler!) but it cleaned up nicely and looks better than I was even anticipating.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just picked up our Deep Blue Metallic car last week and washed/waxed it over the weekend. I didn't notice much orange peel anywhere on the car and thought the paint was pretty smooth. It had a couple small blemishes (and some grease pen marks on the front spoiler!) but it cleaned up nicely and looks better than I was even anticipating.
What’s your VIN range?

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Some guy at my detailer brought in his white 3. It had crazy orange peel effect on the whole left side of the car. That's all I bothered looking at though but egads! If that were my car I would have refused it.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
My red Multi-Coat came with a LOT of buffing swirls and mild orange peel as well as an area where someone had evidently re=sprayed, probably to repair a scratch. Fortunately, this was on a lower rear rocker panel and not noticeable if one washn't looking for it. William at Tier 1 detailing fixed everything except the mild orange peel and some paint overspray on one of the tail light lens, which I intend to have Tesla replace. I can live with the orange peel, especially since William do his magic. Car looks WAY better. I'd definitely recommend him to anyone with any paint issues. I also had the ceramic coating applied. What a great product Car really pops now.