Paint colors

Van Shrider

Came across these paint color renderings to give people an idea of how the 3 looks in other paint colors. Have to admit the white with black wheels looks sexy as hell.

http://electrek.co/2016/04/08/tesla-model-3-colors/

Personally, I like that Silver near chrome look. Or even the Blue Chrome.
If they do not expand out to colors not on the S or X, and what we saw in the Reveal, I'm more than fine with the Silver that was at the reveal.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Moderator 📌
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I would love to see a fiery copper, or even the orange used on the Roadsters, but am expecting to see the exact colors currently offered on the Model S, or at least comparable.
22098929.jpg

00_jasonstesla_opta.jpg

Thalass

I think I saw these photochops on r/teslamotors. They're quite well done, and are on imgur.

I really like the dark green, myself.

K

kenbefound

I would most likely order Titanium Metallic if it's made available. If not maybe Pearl White, Silver or Black as a last choice.

Badback

Valued Community Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
I think that it would make sense for Tesla to stick to the Model S colors for initial units, just to uncomplicate manufacturing.

K

kenbefound

Badback, that's a great point. In my never ending pursuit of all things cars I once learned automakers need to give their paint suppliers a 3 to 5 year lead time when wanting to offer new colors. So it makes sense Tesla would go with ones that are currently available. I understand the flat black, shown in the reveal, is quite popular. So will be interesting to see if that is offered.

Reactions: 1 person

TC3Tesla

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I hope they offer some more exciting colors. Silver, black, white are all pretty boring and are the same as so many other cars on the road. I would NOT want the matte finish that was shown at the reveal - watch some of the test drive videos and see how every single fingerprint shows on it, plus wonder how it would show road dirt.

Reactions: Mitchs_Model_3

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
I test drove a Model S yesterday and the two cars they had at the showroom were two colors I had not previously considered. One was the Midnight Silver (Grey) and the other was the Titanium. Both were gorgeous. I think I will probably go with the Midnight Silver with the Grey interior after seeing it in person.

Just my $.02.

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: Niklas

Niklas

I test drove a Model 3 yesterday and the two cars they had at the showroom were two colors I had not previously considered. One was the Midnight Silver (Grey) and the other was the Titanium. Both were gorgeous. I think I will probably go with the Midnight Silver with the Grey interior after seeing it in person.

Just my $.02.

Dan

Tell us more about the test drive ! :)

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Tesla tests various paint colours from BASF from time to time. Pictures from a Teslarati article from 2014 show paint samples on shadowboards outside in the sun.

The new paint facility installed at the Fremont factory can do 10,000 cars a week so maybe we might get a few more colours to chose from however I think at least initially, the palette will be limited until the crazy backlog is filled.

http://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-s-new-colors-coming-soon/

Tesla-New-Colors-Palette-3.jpg
Tesla-New-Colors-Palette-1.jpg
Tesla-New-Colors-Palette-2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people

TC3Tesla

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Tesla tests various paint colours from BASF from time to time. Pictures from a Teslarati article from 2014 show paint samples on shadowboards outside in the sun.

I love the 2 purples in the top 2 pictures!!!! :) And the dark teal next to the shrub in the 3rd pic. Some of the light blues are nice too, and the bright red/orange in the middle of the 3rd pic is interesting too. Bring on the fun & unique colors! I don't want my car to be lost in the crowd of boring colors in the parking lot. I buy my car for me, not the person after me.

Reactions: Mitchs_Model_3