Paint Bubbles/Pimples/Dimples

Country
Country
fc16345c-651b-447d-aea4-751b7d495566-jpeg.12765
4fabf302-f037-48f1-a3b3-ec7815d0061d-jpeg.12767
4111f57d-a143-459b-84ac-78da0ddafbf6-jpeg.12768
Does anyone else have these paint defect bubbles/pimples? Location is on the rockers near the front fenders and top right of the trunk close to wear it meets the pillar. I’m thinking it is more trouble than its worth to even have it repaired and risk mismatched paint.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m thinking it is more trouble than its worth to even have it repaired and risk mismatched paint.
Any paint repair performed by a reputable body shop will include blending the paint into nearby panels and areas. Even if it's not a perfect match (it will be very close), the blending makes it impossible to tell.

I'd be worried about those types of imperfections. The paint probably hasn't correctly bonded to the body there, and they could get worse over time. I'd personally ask them to fix it.

dannyskim

I complained about defects *far* more minor than that and they fixed them.
I have some dimples on the rear quarter passenger side panel high up, and some paint drip.

I brought this up to the Delivery supervisor and they told me they would call me with an appointment. They made notes on a piece of Delivery paperwork and had me sign for any defects that I requested to be fixed.

I would go back in and make sure they know about them ASAP. The more time that passes, the more time they can say it's not their fault.

randing89

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have the same issue as in the first pic. White color as well.
Just got my car back from SC and now need to send it again.

Country
Country
I have the same issue as in the first pic. White color as well.
Just got my car back from SC and now need to send it again.
I wish I had seen the bubbles before I had the car Modesta coated. If I have them repair it will compromise the coating. I'm thinking of just letting them know about the issue now so that if something worse happens from these paint defects later they'll have a record of it. They're pretty inconspicuous, especially the ones on the rockers), but I know a most owners have been super particular about sending their cars in for things as small (or even smaller) than this.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I wish I had seen the bubbles before I had the car Modesta coated. If I have them repair it will compromise the coating. I'm thinking of just letting them know about the issue now so that if something worse happens from these paint defects later they'll have a record of it. They're pretty inconspicuous, especially the ones on the rockers), but I know a most owners have been super particular about sending their cars in for things as small (or even smaller) than this.
I would get these items fixed if they were on my car. I’ve paid a large sum for my car, and although I do not expect perfection, these example defects are big enough to get Tesla to correct them.

CuriousGeorge

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
img_8159-jpg.13742
img_8157-jpg.13740
img_8156-jpg.13739
img_8155-jpg.13738
img_8154-jpg.13737
img_8153-jpg.13736
img_8152-jpg.13735
I got 2 , one on each of the front door towards the bottom, its raise like the contamination is under the paint. Then theres are about 3 chips, and 4 black dot under the clear but smooth. I dont want a repainted car, so hopefully i can polish the raised ones out and the rest i can live with. When the touch up paint comes out i can hit those 3 small chips by the tail light. They tired at Delivery but their touch up paint has no pearl and is just flat white paint

Last edited:
Country
Country
Eeks, that's terrible George. If SC is just going to try and touch up and repair with flat paint, I don't think I want to bother fixing mine especially now that I have the car coated. It is annoying to know they are there, but they are in inconspicuous areas and I imagine a repair/touch up may just make it look worse.

CuriousGeorge

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Eeks, that's terrible George. If SC is just going to try and touch up and repair with flat paint, I don't think I want to bother fixing mine especially now that I have the car coated. It is annoying to know they are there, but they are in inconspicuous areas and I imagine a repair/touch up may just make it look worse.

Yeah they said they had the body shop look at it and it would require them to burn it aka sand it down, then respray the whole panel, so I am gonna leave it alone since I don’t want a repaint

Rbrooks84

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
wow, just picked up mine last week. gonna have to do a thorough overview now that i've seen this. i have the midnight silver so i wonder if it's color specific or could be on all colors..

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Picking up my Silver Metallic tomorrow morning. I will report what I find. Expecting to find some things. Hopefully minor enough that the XPEL stealth will cover it up.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I picked up my Model 3 a week ago (standard black). Didn't notice any problems at delivery but after a couple days and some exposure to the hot sun (was like 95 degrees out), I noticed about 6 tiny bubbles/blisters on the front hood near the windshield. I will have to take this back for them to see. Does anyone know if they will provide a loaner car for this type of problem?