Page Mill Street Front Brake Pads

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The easiest and most affordable way to improve your Model 3's braking performance.

We've been asked by everyone for brake pads - so here they are! A perfect street sports oriented pad, designed for spirited road driving. We also have more aggressive pads in the works for those that want to run on the track. These pads will make it down Page Mill. The OEM ones won't.

• Low dust
  • No noise
  • Long pad life
  • Suitable for spirited driving and street use
  • Perfect fit, no sanding or milling down pads to fit in calipers

A great replacement for the factory Model 3 pads for those that enjoy the occasional spirited drive. Virtually no dust, absolutely no noise, and a great linear pedal feel. These are an affordable and logical solution for front brake pad replacement.

While these aren't rated for track use, they will work for novice/beginner drivers who aren't pushing the car very hard just yet.

https://www.mountainpassperformance.com/product/mpp-page-mill-street-brake-pads/

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Any ETA on the more sporty/track pads and how aggressive do you expect those to be? I'm hoping i could potentially run those on the street given how strong regen is. Also do both pads fit P3D+?

Last edited:

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
When you make the claim the OEM brake pads of the Model 3 won't make it down Page Mill descent, are you assuming the regen is not set in the standard position?
Always standard! Driving with one foot is a novelty that will never wear off.

Sasha faded the brakes completely during a suspension development run on Page Mill earlier this year. The regen simply can't take enough of the heat from the brakes. We will see what the P3D track mode is capable of doing though!

Also to be fair to the OEM Tesla brakes, there are very few cars that come equipped with brakes that are track/intense driving ready. It is quite normal to be able to overheat them that quickly, especially when you consider the car's power and weight.

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Any ETA on the more sporty/track pads and how aggressive do you expect those to be? I'm hoping i could potentially run those on the street given how strong regen is. Also do both pads fit P3D+?
These pads are for all models excluding the P3D+

Keep your eyes peeled though, we haven't forgotten about you P3D+ owners!

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Always standard! Driving with one foot is a novelty that will never wear off.

Sasha faded the brakes completely during a suspension development run on Page Mill earlier this year. The regen simply can't take enough of the heat from the brakes. We will see what the P3D track mode is capable of doing though!

Also to be fair to the OEM Tesla brakes, there are very few cars that come equipped with brakes that are track/intense driving ready. It is quite normal to be able to overheat them that quickly, especially when you consider the car's power and weight.
OK, not to belabor the point, but when you say "intense driving", is it safe to assume the accelerator was being used liberally to descend the grade as fast as possible without regard to the posted speed limit? Or, put another way, that it would be possible to safely descend the grade, without ever dropping below the posted speed limit, without causing the OEM brakes to fade? I only ask for clarification because someone could get the idea that the Model 3 brakes were woefully inadequate for their intended purpose (which should include safely negotiating steep grades that exist on roads in many areas). And don't get me wrong, I fully understand people wanting to upgrade the performance of their brakes for sporting reasons.

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
OK, not to belabor the point, but when you say "intense driving", is it safe to assume the accelerator was being used liberally to descend the grade as fast as possible without regard to the posted speed limit? Or, put another way, that it would be possible to safely descend the grade, without ever dropping below the posted speed limit, without causing the OEM brakes to fade? I only ask for clarification because someone could get the idea that the Model 3 brakes were woefully inadequate for their intended purpose (which should include safely negotiating steep grades that exist on roads in many areas). And don't get me wrong, I fully understand people wanting to upgrade the performance of their brakes for sporting reasons.
You're right, we wouldn't want to give people the idea that the Model 3 is unsafe. To be clear, there was liberal use of the accelerator while travelling downhill. If you are driving like a normal person, there is no reason the brakes would fail on a Tesla, or any car for that matter.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Would these pads handle an occasional AutoX? By “handle” I don’t mean performance during the event, I just mean would they be damaged or have their life significantly shortened by this type of use?

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Would these pads handle an occasional AutoX? By “handle” I don’t mean performance during the event, I just mean would they be damaged or have their life significantly shortened by this type of use?
They are what we would recommend for Autox. The next step up - the track pads- take a bit of heat to get working well, which doesn't quite line up with AutoX demands.