Page Mill 365mm Big Brake Kit

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That is definitely how low cars go in California. It is also what I am aiming for. Next year comes those massively sexy brakes and brake lines. Ah, so refreshing to know their is a huge Model 3 group out there.

Ole1

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hopefully, this isn't "off topic" ... Brake Fluid ?
What are you guys (Mountain Pass) using ? Did you change to a high temp fluid for track use ?
Do you now if others running track days have change their stock fluid to a high temp one for track use ?
What is the stock brake fluid - Dot3, Dot4, Dot5.1 ? ? ?
If you have changed the brake fluid - do we need a how to, or is it the same process as any other (ice) car ?

beastmode13

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What are you guys (Mountain Pass) using ? Did you change to a high temp fluid for track use ?
Do you now if others running track days have change their stock fluid to a high temp one for track use ?
If you have changed the brake fluid - do we need a how to, or is it the same process as any other (ice) car ?
Same procedure as ICE, as mentioned in one of MPP's brake install videos. Here is a great link about setting up M3 for track. https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thr...o-model-3-for-track-work.121648/#post-2849321

theloneranger08

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That sounds great! We offer stainless steel lines and our own street brake pads! https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/page-mill-street-front-brake-pads.8762/

Looking forward to putting some sweet brakes in your wheels!
Do many customers use these regularly? I don't plan on taking my car to the track but maybe once a year but I drive pretty aggressviely around town and would love to use these daily. I would definitely want to get comfortable swapping them out for the stock ones though for when I take road trips and need the 18s.

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We use Castrol SRF brake fluid. In our years of racing in Canadian Touring Car, it is the only fluid we have never boiled. We have boiled all the others- Motul, Stoptech, TRW, Endless, etc. SRF is very expensive but absolutely worth it. The bleeding procedure is just like a normal car.

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do many customers use these regularly? I don't plan on taking my car to the track but maybe once a year but I drive pretty aggressviely around town and would love to use these daily. I would definitely want to get comfortable swapping them out for the stock ones though for when I take road trips and need the 18s.
Are you referring to the 365mm Rotors? All our customers run them daily, we use ours just for the track and swap them because we love the efficiency of the 18" Aero wheels. It takes Jesse 15 minutes per side to swap the rotors and brake pads from track to street.

theloneranger08

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Are you referring to the 365mm Rotors? All our customers run them daily, we use ours just for the track and swap them because we love the efficiency of the 18" Aero wheels. It takes Jesse 15 minutes per side to swap the rotors and brake pads from track to street.
Perfect, thank for the information!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have the MPP Page Mill’s front and back for my daily driver. So much more stopping confidence having gone with the Page Mill’s for those times when the regen gets set to low and the G’s go up. Only problem I can see is how horribly ugly the Page Mill’s look through the 20’s. Wink wink insert sarcasm warning here.

MPP Stainless steel lines, arms and AWD sport coilovers ordered to finish off the brakes and go after the ride height/suspension. Eager to see and feel the suspension improvements next.

Shout out to Jesse.! Thanks for the excellent customer service you’ve provided.! Seems rare these days, so has to be recognized.

Thanks MPP for the excellent products.! They really make a difference.!

Attachments

JeffC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You almost certainly DO NOT NEED a big brake kit unless you track a car. It's almost impossible to work the same kind of heat into brakes unless you are doing near 1g turns and 1g braking before every turn on the street, turn after turn for many miles at a time.

There is no downside to a big brake kit on the street, but also generally no benefit. Big brakes and racing pads are to resist brake fade due to heat soak from repeated high speed braking. That's almost impossible to do safely or legally any place except a race track.

(Another use case for big brakes is the Autobahn, but quickly repeated high speed braking isn't too common there either.)

(High power driving down something like Stelvio Pass might tax most factory brakes.)

This is not to denigrate anything Sasha and MPP are doing in any way! I love what they're doing! But it's important to understand appropriate uses of the tools.

I plan to get all of the MPP suspension components if I track my car, but want to try the factory Performance Upgrade option Brembos with racier pads. The PUO Brembos are very high performance, very high technology parts. MPPs choice of brake components is also excellent.

Last edited:

Feathermerchant

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Another thing to consider about race leaning brakes is that high performance pads are designed to work at high temperature. When cold (driving a while in say 40 degree weather) they may not work very well for a short stop where they do not get hot. Race or track pads also have a tendency to leave a lot of dust and may squeal. Neither of those bother a track driver but could be undesirable on the street.

JeffC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Another thing to consider about race leaning brakes is that high performance pads are designed to work at high temperature. When cold (driving a while in say 40 degree weather) they may not work very well for a short stop where they do not get hot. Race or track pads also have a tendency to leave a lot of dust and may squeal. Neither of those bother a track driver but could be undesirable on the street.
Everything you said is true, but there are some brake pads that are both good on the street and good on the track. There's always some compromise between track performance and street driving in terms of how well the pads work when hot vs. cold. The more strongly track oriented pads indeed may not work well when cold (which is most of the time) on the street. Pure racing pads may not be safely usable on the street due to the low brake temperatures typical of street use.

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have the MPP Page Mill’s front and back for my daily driver. So much more stopping confidence having gone with the Page Mill’s for those times when the regen gets set to low and the G’s go up. Only problem I can see is how horribly ugly the Page Mill’s look through the 20’s. Wink wink insert sarcasm warning here.

MPP Stainless steel lines, arms and AWD sport coilovers ordered to finish off the brakes and go after the ride height/suspension. Eager to see and feel the suspension improvements next.

Shout out to Jesse.! Thanks for the excellent customer service you’ve provided.! Seems rare these days, so has to be recognized.

Thanks MPP for the excellent products.! They really make a difference.!
Thank you so much for your kind words! We love hearing your feedback and can't wait to get the rest of those parts on your car.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
One thing to keep in mind is that the your tires do most of the work stopping and that the BBK is more for efficiency.

You almost certainly DO NOT NEED a big brake kit unless you track a car. It's almost impossible to work the same kind of heat into brakes unless you are doing near 1g turns and 1g braking before every turn on the street, turn after turn for many miles at a time.
Yeah you definitely don't need BBKs. With that said I installed a 6 piston BBK on my 4Runner. One because the 4th and 5th gen replacement calipers tend to seize over time, so I'm lazy and I only want to do the job once. Second for the bling, I had a 4 piston kit I could have saved $500-600 reusing but who doesn't want 6 piston calipers over 4 piston when given the choice. I'm not sure when I'll do it but I might bite the bullet for at least the front rotors after I bite the bullet for the MPP AWD coilovers.

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One thing to keep in mind is that the your tires do most of the work stopping and that the BBK is more for efficiency.

Yeah you definitely don't need BBKs. With that said I installed a 6 piston BBK on my 4Runner. One because the 4th and 5th gen replacement calipers tend to seize over time, so I'm lazy and I only want to do the job once. Second for the bling, I had a 4 piston kit I could have saved $500-600 reusing but who doesn't want 6 piston calipers over 4 piston when given the choice. I'm not sure when I'll do it but I might bite the bullet for at least the front rotors after I bite the bullet for the MPP AWD coilovers.
Hopefully you've got a good dental plan with all of the bullet munching you're planning on doing!

TwoK4drSi

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Noob question....Which pads have more bite for the street? Street or Track. I prefer a little more bite when i daily drive / stoplight race