P3D Just Got Faster!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Has anyone else seen this, Tesla is now advertising the P3D 0-60 time at 3.3 seconds! I just got my VIN allocation so I wonder if this is just for the new cars or if everyone will get to shave off a few tenths of a second via update

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
They also lowered the price of the White Interior by $500. No option for FSD anymore, whats up with that?

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I was gonna ask, when did they lower it to $1,000? Can I get a refund :(
They lowered it today, I'm wondering if I still have to pay the extra 500 for it too, and I wonder about the FSD since I ordered my car with it. My IDS is going to call me tomorrow, i'll ask her these questions and report back

crmatson

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I am curious about the Performance 0-60 time as well.

I heard about the mid-range battery so I was exploring the configuration page and noticed the new numbers. Intrigued!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I wonder if the AWD times improved as well. Maybe it's a v9 thing?

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
My guess is: neither.

People are seeing 3.2-3.3s in real-world testing. I think Tesla is just updating their advertising to match reality.

But, that's just a guess.
Not sure about that, I've seen plenty of videos where people could only get the 3.5, give or take a tenth. Tesla's not one to advertise a 0-60 and not have it hit that time or go faster. If they advertised at 3.3 and your getting 3.5 some people would lose their minds...lol

I have a feeling it will do 3.0 now with the right conditions. I'm also extremely biased in my thinking because I just got my 2nd VIN and want mine to faster than all of yours...lol :tonguewink:

Last edited:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Not sure about that, I've seen plenty of videos where people could only get the 3.5, give or take a tenth.
Fred contacted Tesla, and Tesla has confirmed that there are no hardware or software changes.

https://electrek.co/2018/10/19/tesla-model-3-performance-advertised-0-60-mph-acceleration/

We asked Tesla if the quicker acceleration time is due to updated software or hardware, but the automaker says that it is not the case.
The company decided to update the time to match what several reviewers and auto publications, like MotorTrend, have been getting: 3.3 seconds.

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Fred contacted Tesla, and Tesla has confirmed that there are no hardware or software changes.

https://electrek.co/2018/10/19/tesla-model-3-performance-advertised-0-60-mph-acceleration/

We asked Tesla if the quicker acceleration time is due to updated software or hardware, but the automaker says that it is not the case.
The company decided to update the time to match what several reviewers and auto publications, like MotorTrend, have been getting: 3.3 seconds.
Well that's disappointing. Oh well, still plenty fast

I'm coming from a Ram 2500 Diesel so this will still feel like a rocket ship compared to my daily driver...lol

Last edited: