overpayment & waiting for refund

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Picked up my first Tesla Model 3 September 30th. Great experience only took couple hours paid cash. Cashier's check for 62000 and $5,000 personal check. Weird thing happened, on the 19th of October Tesla auto deducted another $5,000 from my checking account. I'm still trying to get it back. Anyone else have a experience like that?

ltphoto

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They screwed up by deducting the full purchase price from my checking account instead of the net due after the trade in. Told me it would take 30 days to fix so I did an executive escalation. Got a refund check that way in about 2 weeks. The people on the escalation team did a great job with follow through to make sure it was taken care of.

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Picked up my first Tesla Model 3 September 30th. Great experience only took couple hours paid cash. Cashier's check for 62000 and $5,000 personal check. Weird thing happened, on the 19th of October Tesla auto deducted another $5,000 from my checking account. I'm still trying to get it back. Anyone else have a experience like that?
If you gave a cashier’s check and personal check, when/how did they ever have direct access to your checking account?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Exactly a auto deduct is a phone initiated transfer of funds. I got a case number yesterday but no one at Tesla has yet to tell me how it was done or that I'm even getting my money back.I mentioned I need the money to pay my daughter's College tuition thinking it might move it along to no avail still nothing.I filed a dispute with my bank as well didn't want to do that but getting nervous so no other option. No

pinkfloyd

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am in the same boat.
Recd Mod 3 on Oct 26. Now 2+ weeks later, no refund on overpayment (over 2K). How do I escalate to execs? Have already tried send a message under My account with check box and havent seen a response. Is there a phone#? The MVPA has incorrect payment amount and multiple texts/ emails to inside sales advisor has not elicited any response. Just frustrated

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just an update, I had no luck with Tesla dealership or corporate seem like it was not a big thing. But I received my title about 30 days 33 days after my purchase and in a separate FedEx envelope was a check for 5000. All I can say is I was freaked out as well but they're good for it and they did make it good it's just that nobody told me they were going to.