Out with the ICE cars... eventually

Mesprit87

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi everybody!

I have reserved my 3 a month after initial launch and like every body else, settled for the long wait. I have been an avid reader of Electrek for over a year now and I'm on the edge of my seat for any new informations coming out on the subject.

Living in the salt belt, I do have my concerns about buying a car from a new manufacturer. I can see myself struggling with the door handle at the next ice storm...or rust popping out from every corners...

Being a mechanic, my other concerns are with the less solicitated brakes, up here where it is salt and calcium galore, I already have a lot of brake activity (read discs and pads change) on my other cars and I wonder how the Tesla's will fare.

Anyway, my introduction shouldn't be about my concerns but about what the turn the planet is about to take. I will encourage Tesla mainly because of their out of the box thinking and vertical integration but mostly because they kicked the established automakers where it hurts. These guys will catch up, no doubt but environmentally wise I think we crossed the point of no return and I want to be part of it.

But I will keep my 2 garage queens because a flat six can make your hair stand like nothing else BUT strangely, they won't ever be the fastest in the stable anymore.