Other manufacture rims on model 3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
does anyone know if any other manufacture rims would fit on the Model 3? like stock rims off a mazda, benz etc.
so many variances in backspacing, center bore etc hard to keep track.

Looking for a used set of winter rims that arent black steelies but dont know what specifically to search for that would fit without googling every model specs. thought I would check here first if anyone already did the research.

Thanks

Country
Country
Most 18-20 inch wheels with the same bolt patter (5x114.3) and proper offset (not sure whats needed but it will depend on brake clearance) will likely fit. I know that the 2012 Subaru STi BBS wheels are the same pattern. I have these wheels on my current car so if I get my P3D before I sell my STi I'll throw them on and check. Might buy a set anyway since they are extremely good value for the wheel you get.

GetYourWheels

TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Model 3 comes with a 64.1 center bore so pretty much any Honda/Acura 5x114.3 wheel will work with a 18" diameter or larger. Take into account for sizing as well since you wouldn't want a wheel too far sunken in with a high offset.

Here's a general list. Also remember that each manufacture may use different lug nuts types on their OEM wheels. Also, not all of said vehicle manufacture uses the same bolt pattern across all their vehicles like Ford has 5X108, 5X110 and so forth.

Ferrari, Maserati, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Hyundai and Kia uses 67.1
Nissan and Infiniti use 66.1
Ford uses 70.5

Mt3c

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hub bore isn't the only problem, it's the lug hole size. Most of those vehicles use M12 studs, Tesla uses M14 studs. So what you end up having is a rim that doesn't fit over the studs, or the need to drill out the lug holes.

Country
Country
Tesla Model 3 comes with a 64.1 center bore so pretty much any Honda/Acura 5x114.3 wheel will work with a 18" diameter or larger. Take into account for sizing as well since you wouldn't want a wheel too far sunken in with a high offset.

Here's a general list. Also remember that each manufacture may use different lug nuts types on their OEM wheels. Also, not all of said vehicle manufacture uses the same bolt pattern across all their vehicles like Ford has 5X108, 5X110 and so forth.

Ferrari, Maserati, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Hyundai and Kia uses 67.1
Nissan and Infiniti use 66.1
Ford uses 70.5
so it should be ok since the tesla 64.1 is smaller than the others, can just buy some spacer rings, but it won't work the other way around (tesla specific 64.1 and put on lets say a ford 70.5)?

Hub bore isn't the only problem, it's the lug hole size. Most of those vehicles use M12 studs, Tesla uses M14 studs. So what you end up having is a rim that doesn't fit over the studs, or the need to drill out the lug holes.
Is this true for aftermarket rims also (for the non custom built ones)? Just thinking out loud, wouldn't they want to sell wheels to fit 12 and 14 as well as larger bore (and just sell the bore spacers) so they can sell across the board easier?

GetYourWheels

TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
so it should be ok since the tesla 64.1 is smaller than the others, can just buy some spacer rings, but it won't work the other way around (tesla specific 64.1 and put on lets say a ford 70.5)?

Is this true for aftermarket rims also (for the non custom built ones)? Just thinking out loud, wouldn't they want to sell wheels to fit 12 and 14 as well as larger bore (and just sell the bore spacers) so they can sell across the board easier?
in theory yes it should be ok. If you want to use anything smaller, you need a 10mm spacer to clear the OE center bore so that you wheel with a smaller center bore does not contact the existing hub.

Most aftermarket wheels are made to accommodate the M14 stud size.